Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
Ok, well, the tweeters did the trick, it now sounds really good. I figured out how to mount them where the old ones were located, by cutting away some plastic and securing them with two tiny screws each. Here are a few pics.

Attachment 14283Attachment 14284

Next task is to connect to the head unit pre outs. I had the back open and looked at the back of the head unit but decided to wait for another day. I might just intercept the pre outs there and connect them to the headset outputs, thinking I can avoid running a bunch of cable to the new amp. This way I should get my AVC back. What do you think, Jimmytee?
Glad you got the tweeters hooked up. Was pretty sure that would make a tremendous difference.

I'm not quite sure what you were asking about the pre outs and hooking them up to the headset outputs. The only place to get the audio pre outs from the factory system is from somewhere in the wiring between the Audio Unit and the OEM amplifier. The Audio unit is located under the rubber flap under where the passenger seat is. The amp under the rear fender. If you could clear up what you're asking, I'll try to help.