Best stereo upgrade options
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best stereo upgrade options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I wish I had someone close to me in Maryland with experience to upgrade my system. I do all my own mods and maintenance to my bike myself but have never gotten into any audio installs. I would LOVE to have a thumpin system on my F6B...that's the ONLY thing my Harley buddies have on me, their stereos sound so much better than this one......
    If you can change oil, you can certainly do a speaker swap. Many great " how to's" here on stereo upgrades. I'm just getting going on upgrading the stereo on The Black Bike.
    If I think about it while doing it, perhaps I too, will take time to document the process and take a pic or two.
    Go for it.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    If you can change oil, you can certainly do a speaker swap. Many great " how to's" here on stereo upgrades. I'm just getting going on upgrading the stereo on The Black Bike.
    If I think about it while doing it, perhaps I too, will take time to document the process and take a pic or two.
    Go for it.
    J
    I already did the speaker swap the second week I had the bike...I want an amp, sub, and better speakers up front.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I already did the speaker swap the second week I had the bike...I want an amp, sub, and better speakers up front.
    Ok, open your wallet and here you go. JM not so much.. Polk MM to start. Jimmie T can introduce you to a subwoofer and amp.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul

2013 F6B Deluxe

I can't remember the last time I used the fairing speakers, I use the Sat radio in my Garmin for music and have in helmet speakers, and I don't use that a lot. I spend my time enjoying the ride and the bike, don't need much in the way of music.

I think the J&M speakers I ordered are now back ordered until Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    All will fit except the UM 651
    All require trimming.
    The MM are the premium speaker.
    They come both as individual components or with the tweeter mounted with the woofer. Both have separate crossovers to mount.
    The DB are good. DXI great, MM exceptional
    MM are hardest to install.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul

2013 F6B Deluxe

easy peasy

we had a zumo GPS installed through the dealership. it has an option to add an S/D card for tunes. we downloaded a bunch of tunes 300+ set the GPS volume settings at ALMOST max for the "media" option and i can tell you, at 120KPH (70-80mph for or southern riders) its damn loud. by using the volume leveling(?) option CAS i think it is, turns itself down at the stoplights and cranks it self back up when you get going again. no fussing with adding amplifiers or new speakers. it has to be at least 3 times louder than the radio. just MHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tonycarver View Post
    we had a zumo GPS installed through the dealership. it has an option to add an S/D card for tunes. we downloaded a bunch of tunes 300+ set the GPS volume settings at ALMOST max for the "media" option and i can tell you, at 120KPH (70-80mph for or southern riders) its damn loud. by using the volume leveling(?) option CAS i think it is, turns itself down at the stoplights and cranks it self back up when you get going again. no fussing with adding amplifiers or new speakers. it has to be at least 3 times louder than the radio. just MHO.
    Have you tried the USB input in the left saddebag? It is also much louder than the radio. Most of us who have gone through the trouble of adding amps and speakers have used many different sources with the stock system. Loud, doesn't necessarily mean quality. Quality will be a subjective thing. If you are satisfied with what you have, by all means, I wouldn't go any farther than you have. You are in the majority of F6B owners. Some of us,though, are not satisfied with what is possible with the OEM equipment. You might not be either once you heard mine.
    I have nothing stock in the audio department on my bike.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"