Best stereo upgrade options - Page 7
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Best stereo upgrade options

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
    Jimmy, since the headset plug allows for plugging in a combined headset/microphone, I'm guessing the adapter you mention would have multiple jacks on the other end, for 2-channel output as well as microphone input, correct? Just asking so I can fine a suitable adapter.
    If you check out the links I gave above, you'll see the adapter does only the stereo audio signal. The mic pins are essentially unused.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    been there.that plug dont work
    Damn! I pushed the order button too soon! Oh well, what's another return? Thanks everyone for your help on this. I'm determined to do it right the first time!

Damn! I pushed the order button too soon! Oh well, what's another return? Thanks everyone for your help on this. I'm determined to do it right the first time!
    Ok, all parts in and about ready to install, and, of course, I have another question for Jimmytee! Did you locate the head unit's remote turn on lead and wire it to the remote terminal on the MVPA4, or do you just let it turn on when you start the bike?

Ok, all parts in and about ready to install, and, of course, I have another question for Jimmytee! Did you locate the head unit's remote turn on lead and wire it to the remote terminal on the MVPA4, or do you just let it turn on when you start the bike?
    I didn't want to rely on the auto/signal sensing. There is a remote turn on terminal as you are aware. I believe it has to be powered either way, not sure. I used the power feed that used to power the factory amp as the remote turn on signal. You could use any 12 volt accessory voltage though. Like the 12 volts that is in the harness for the left pocket accessory power outlet. You just want to be sure it is a voltage that only comes on with the ignition or accessory key position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I didn't want to rely on the auto/signal sensing. There is a remote turn on terminal as you are aware. I believe it has to be powered either way, not sure. I used the power feed that used to power the factory amp as the remote turn on signal. You could use any 12 volt accessory voltage though. Like the 12 volts that is in the harness for the left pocket accessory power outlet. You just want to be sure it is a voltage that only comes on with the ignition or accessory key position.
    Got it. Thanks.

FWIW, I put an accessory powered switch on my last bike so I could turn off the amplifier if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    FWIW, I put an accessory powered switch on my last bike so I could turn off the amplifier if needed.
    With the way mine is wired, if I simply hit the headset button , the amplifier is turned off.

With the way mine is wired, if I simply hit the headset button , the amplifier is turned off.
    That is cool. No need for yet another switch (and switch location).

And that is because you you took the power wire that previously fed the Honda amp and sent it to the MVPA's power or remote terminal instead? I must have this!

Also, did you mess with the MVPA's various settings at all?

Good windshield

Best stereo upgrade so far is a good windshield and stock pipes !