Best stereo upgrade options
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best stereo upgrade options

Best stereo upgrade options

I have read the post about the J&M speaker upgrade. How good is this? Is it worth the money?

Has anyone done a more in depth stereo upgrade? add an amp / more speakers etc..

Thank you,

Steve

Follow this

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3356-Audio-amplifier

there is another too thats informative.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I have read the post about the J&M speaker upgrade. How good is this? Is it worth the money?

Has anyone done a more in depth stereo upgrade? add an amp / more speakers etc..

Thank you,

Steve
    I replaced the front speakers with Polk Audio MM series component speakers,added a new amplifier in place of the factory one and added a JL Audio subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post

Thank you,

Steve
    Doing the Polk DXI 6.5" speakers this weekend.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Just wondering ???
    Them riders that fill the saddlebags with a sound system ??
    Do they ever ride further than Mcdonalds for a Latte ???????

Don't know... I have not turned my bike radio on since ......... forgot, its been that long!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Just wondering ???
    Them riders that fill the saddlebags with a sound system ??
    Do they ever ride further than Mcdonalds for a Latte ???????
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I ride 3-600 miles each time I ride. When there isn't snow . If the weather is agreeable and I don't have other household responsibilities (sometimes those get neglected for my riding addiction ). The majority of those rides are round trip in a day rides, just riding to be riding. Sometimes I ride and stay somewhere over night. This summer I have an extended trip plan and a least 2 smaller trips planned that involve packing some luggage. I ride 10- 12 k miles per year usually and this, keep in mind is all recreational riding. I have a service truck that I drive to get me wherever I am working, and yes that means I am not retired. I also live in Kentucky, and while it is not Alaska, we did just get 14-15 " of snow and it is currently 16 degrees Fahrenheit outside.
    I have a small but potent JL Audio subwoofer in one saddlebag. The subwoofer can come out if need be. Two Velcro straps that I installed to keep it secure and 1 dual banana plug for the speaker connection pulled and she slips right out. The rest of the sound system remains and has no impact on storage space. The other saddlebag has nothing but what I pack in it and I do have a luggage rack and luggage to go on that luggage rack.
    So I guess ,what do you mean? Unless I am going over night somewhere, The most I need is a place to put my gear I might want with me for temperature changes while out. One bag by itself does that quite fine.
    Oh and that sub sounds so good while riding too. To each their own, but the last good weather weekend was about 2-3 weeks ago, Went out both Sat and Sun. Temps were in the 40s and lower 50s. Had a great time on some really twisty roads and was jamming all the way.

I don't want to fill my saddle bags either. I think a small amp and a subwolfer that can be removed if needed in one saddle bag sounds like the way to go.

Does anyone have the J&M speakers? I was thinking of starting with that upgrade and see if I need more.
    How big of an amp (RMS wats) can you add for the J&M speaker upgrade? How many (RMS watts) does the stock stereo have?

I think I maybe happy with a larger windshield and the J&M speaker upgrade for now. Then add the amp and subwolfer later.

From my test rides one with the stock windshield and several with the honda accessory larger windshield with the vent the larger windshield is key to stereo performance.

I am going to buy the bike next week and ride from St Louis to either Colorado Springs or Panama City for my first ride at the end of March.

I need to order a few upgrades ASAP to get them in time for my trip.

Steve

Just my 2 cents here, but if you're wanting to add an amp, I would look to different speakers. The J&M speakers, if I'm not mistaken, are only replacing the woofer portion. My sub comes out of the left saddlebag in about the time it takes me to open the bag. I have awhole write up on what I did.

The J&M are a fairing replacement speaker for the F6B. I found they can go up to 140wats http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ctID=FSPU-GL06 J&M claims to be the premeir motorcycle stereo company / I have never bought anything from them.

Did you have to cut a hole in the saddlebag for your subwolfer?

Can you send me the link to you write up please.

Thank you,
    Steve