Best stereo upgrade options - Page 2
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Best stereo upgrade options

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Just wondering ???
    Them riders that fill the saddlebags with a sound system ??
    Do they ever ride further than Mcdonalds for a Latte ???????
    Best sound is the end of riding day, with a pint at your watering hole.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    The J&M are a fairing replacement speaker for the F6B. I found they can go up to 140wats http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ctID=FSPU-GL06 J&M claims to be the premeir motorcycle stereo company / I have never bought anything from them.

Did you have to cut a hole in the saddlebag for your subwolfer?

Can you send me the link to you write up please.

Thank you,
    Steve
    That's kind of it . I'm not saying anything bad about the J&M speakers, but you're buying speakers from a "motorcycle" accessory company, not an audio electronics company. Jus' food for thought. I did make three vents in the bag for the sub. Those were done with drilling small holes in a circular pattern and using a product called Frogzkins to cover those vents. The vents are discrete ,but I have some tremendous bass capability added to the music. I use a 4 channel micro amp to power everything. The amp is from a company called NVX. I will post a link to the write up later when I'm at my PC. I'm very happy. It isn't for everyone, but I love it.

I have installed the J&M's and am very happy with them.Best improvement for me is that I feel they sound better at higher volume levels which I need with my poor hearing.I can't see why I would need a high end setup for sound on a motorcycle as all the wind and outside noise plus my old man ears would not really experience the sound improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I ride 3-600 miles each time I ride. When there isn't snow . If the weather is agreeable and I don't have other household responsibilities (sometimes those get neglected for my riding addiction ). The majority of those rides are round trip in a day rides, just riding to be riding. Sometimes I ride and stay somewhere over night. This summer I have an extended trip plan and a least 2 smaller trips planned that involve packing some luggage. I ride 10- 12 k miles per year usually and this, keep in mind is all recreational riding. I have a service truck that I drive to get me wherever I am working, and yes that means I am not retired. I also live in Kentucky, and while it is not Alaska, we did just get 14-15 " of snow and it is currently 16 degrees Fahrenheit outside.
    I have a small but potent JL Audio subwoofer in one saddlebag. The subwoofer can come out if need be. Two Velcro straps that I installed to keep it secure and 1 dual banana plug for the speaker connection pulled and she slips right out. The rest of the sound system remains and has no impact on storage space. The other saddlebag has nothing but what I pack in it and I do have a luggage rack and luggage to go on that luggage rack.
    So I guess ,what do you mean? Unless I am going over night somewhere, The most I need is a place to put my gear I might want with me for temperature changes while out. One bag by itself does that quite fine.
    Oh and that sub sounds so good while riding too. To each their own, but the last good weather weekend was about 2-3 weeks ago, Went out both Sat and Sun. Temps were in the 40s and lower 50s. Had a great time on some really twisty roads and was jamming all the way.
    Fair enough
    I need the storage space because I travel overnight a lot.
    Fair enough to pack the saddlebags with sound gear if you don"t need em
    But I need the space
    Even if its just to put my jacket in when I stop.
    I have 2000 watts in my car but the radio on the F6B sounds great at any speed to me

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Fair enough
    I need the storage space because I travel overnight a lot.
    Fair enough to pack the saddlebags with sound gear if you don"t need em
    But I need the space
    Even if its just to put my jacket in when I stop.
    I have 2000 watts in my car but the radio on the F6B sounds great at any speed to me
    How big of a jacket do you own? Does it come in two pieces? My right saddle bag remains void of any audio gear and left one can be that way in less than 30 seconds if I really need it to be. Not really trying to sell anyone on doing what I did, but clear up any misconception that I no longer can use my saddlebags for traditional storage. Any overnight trip can easily be done without even removing the sub or additional luggage on the luggage rack. Unless you you pack a weeks worth of clothes for an over night.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I wish I had someone close to me in Maryland with experience to upgrade my system. I do all my own mods and maintenance to my bike myself but have never gotten into any audio installs. I would LOVE to have a thumpin system on my F6B...that's the ONLY thing my Harley buddies have on me, their stereos sound so much better than this one......

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I wish I had someone close to me in Maryland with experience to upgrade my system. I do all my own mods and maintenance to my bike myself but have never gotten into any audio installs. I would LOVE to have a thumpin system on my F6B...that's the ONLY thing my Harley buddies have on me, their stereos sound so much better than this one......
    If you can change oil, you can certainly do a speaker swap. Many great " how to's" here on stereo upgrades. I'm just getting going on upgrading the stereo on The Black Bike.
    If I think about it while doing it, perhaps I too, will take time to document the process and take a pic or two.
    Go for it.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    How big of a jacket do you own? Does it come in two pieces? My right saddle bag remains void of any audio gear and left one can be that way in less than 30 seconds if I really need it to be. Not really trying to sell anyone on doing what I did, but clear up any misconception that I no longer can use my saddlebags for traditional storage. Any overnight trip can easily be done without even removing the sub or additional luggage on the luggage rack. Unless you you pack a weeks worth of clothes for an over night.
    My short summer jacket fits without a squeeze but my riding jacket is a tight fit

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    If you can change oil, you can certainly do a speaker swap. Many great " how to's" here on stereo upgrades. I'm just getting going on upgrading the stereo on The Black Bike.
    If I think about it while doing it, perhaps I too, will take time to document the process and take a pic or two.
    Go for it.
    J
    I already did the speaker swap the second week I had the bike...I want an amp, sub, and better speakers up front.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I already did the speaker swap the second week I had the bike...I want an amp, sub, and better speakers up front.
    Ok, open your wallet and here you go. JM not so much.. Polk MM to start. Jimmie T can introduce you to a subwoofer and amp.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe