Went for the 2015 F6B (Matte Silver)! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Went for the 2015 F6B (Matte Silver)!

First of all, CONGRATS Rick on the new bike. Secondly, I agree with Steve. I too am a person of my word, but business is business. 2.5 hours to get a great deal is nothing... and you can break in a great bike on the way home. If your dealer wants to keep you as a valued customer, they would match the price, or at a minimum of give you $1K in accessories and/or service agreement. Not only are you paying more in sales tax, but you could be paying more in registration due to the increased price of your bike.

You may have signed a contract, but you don't have the bike in your possession... so technically, you should be able to back out of the contract. Once you ride the bike off their driveway is when you can't change your mind.

But like Steve said, make sure you are comparing apples to apples. The dealer 2.5 miles away... is it for the 2015 matte grey / 2 miles on the bike / and a deluxe version?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wouldn't go back on my word for a $1000 or any amount of money.

First off congrats on your purchase. Awesome bike. I would back out if you can and go down the road to save 1000bucks. Your gonna loose enough money later this year when they drop the price because they aren't selling just like they had to with the 13-14's. The bike you got is beautiful I really like the color setup and factory cruise. Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    First off congrats on your purchase. Awesome bike. I would back out if you can and go down the road to save 1000bucks. Your gonna loose enough money later this year when they drop the price because they aren't selling just like they had to with the 13-14's. The bike you got is beautiful I really like the color setup and factory cruise. Congratulations
    I got a feeling the 15s are not going to sit as long as the earlier models. Different colors, model awareness and the addition of Cruise control I think are gonna make a difference in sales. Jus' my 2 cents anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I got a feeling the 15s are not going to sit as long as the earlier models. Different colors, model awareness and the addition of Cruise control I think are gonna make a difference in sales. Jus' my 2 cents anyways.
    I agree with that. The 15s are flying off the shelf. For some, not even making it to the floor

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    BigDawg: I agree. I do want to report that Dillon Bros. really stepped up on this one in the end. I spoke to my salesman and explained what I had discovered from the Shawnee Ks Honda Dealer (the $17,985 price). I was very clear with him that I understood that I had signed an agreement, and understood that it was too late to back out, but that I was a bit disappointed that a dealer 2.5 hours away who didn't know me at all could offer me such a better deal.

I ended up having a great conversation with a Sales Mgr at Dillons, and in the end, negotiated a very fair new deal on the purchase of my new 2015. I promised I wouldn't post the actual price I ended up paying, but as I said, it was a very fair deal all things considered.

And the best part was that my new bike had actually already arrived at Dillons! I was able to give it a good once over (looks amazing) and was able to fire it up to hear that new exhaust note (which I absolutely loved!).

It was a bit too cold and snowy on Saturday to bring it home, but next Saturday should be sunny and mid-40s, so my new F6B will be in my garage next week! I'll definitely post a few pics once I get it home.

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    I agree with that. The 15s are flying off the shelf. For some, not even making it to the floor
    I know depreciation hits pretty hard the first year or two, but I tend to agree that the 15s will be a bit better off than the 13-14 models due to the new colors and the desirable cruise control. My local dealer told me that Honda still has warehouses full of leftover 13s and 14s still in crates, and that the prices for those years are going to continue to sag until this huge backlog gets worked through. He also said he has already sold as many 2015s in the past 6 months as he sold of the 13s and 14s over the past 2 years -- a good sign for the 2015 model year!

Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    I know depreciation hits pretty hard the first year or two, but I tend to agree that the 15s will be a bit better off than the 13-14 models due to the new colors and the desirable cruise control. My local dealer told me that Honda still has warehouses full of leftover 13s and 14s still in crates, and that the prices for those years are going to continue to sag until this huge backlog gets worked through. He also said he has already sold as many 2015s in the past 6 months as he sold of the 13s and 14s over the past 2 years -- a good sign for the 2015 model year!
    I am not sure it is the cruise or that this years model has no paint issues.... I would like to have a 2015, not crazy about either color, but I have put way to much money in the one I have and the only upgrade would be the cruise!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post

GREAT POST!!!!! Not many men of honor left.... I would tell the dealer of the deal and see if they had honor....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Congrats on your new F6B.