Madstad or Windbender
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madstad or Windbender

Madstad or Windbender

I know the windshield thing has been done to death, but I'd really like real life info about these two windshields. I've got the baggershield and it does a good job. At speed, though, I really need the convertible part flipped up for good protection, which is not really a problem, but I'd certainly like the same type of protection without the added height if possible. So, the question is, for those who have had both the baggershield and one of the "split screen" windshields, does that technology really work as advertised?

The MadStad has been out for a while, the windbender not so long...I have been thru some shields and the MadStad, to me is the best... then again, I have not riden behind the Windbender...who knows maybe my next shield....

To all here, come to the rally, and look at what people have done to their bikes...see what you like and don't...see if you can ride their bike... I for one offered anyone to ride my bike to check out the Progressive Mono Tubes, I was charging $.50....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I started with a Baggershield and decided on the Wndbender. It works as advertised and I love it. The main difference is functionality and looks. The Madstad is supposed to be more effective since the front screen is adjustable forward but some don't like the look. I chose the Wndbender because I like the way it follows the line of the bike. The only thing I wish I had is a vent.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I started with a Baggershield and decided on the Wndbender. It works as advertised and I love it. The main difference is functionality and looks. The Madstad is supposed to be more effective since the front screen is adjustable forward but some don't like the look. I chose the Wndbender because I like the way it follows the line of the bike.
    I'm trying to talk myself into the Madstad, but ultimately will likely end up going the same route. Money be damned!
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I started with a Baggershield and decided on the Wndbender. It works as advertised and I love it. The main difference is functionality and looks. The Madstad is supposed to be more effective since the front screen is adjustable forward but some don't like the look. I chose the Wndbender because I like the way it follows the line of the bike. The only thing I wish I had is a vent.

Well, that's what I love about this forum. Thanks for the input. I will ask this, though...why the desire for the vent? I thought the whole idea of the vent in a windshield was to equalize the pressure in front of and behind the screen to eliminate buffeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    I'm trying to talk myself into the Madstad, but ultimately will likely end up going the same route. Money be damned!
    It was definitely worth it. I also spent the extra money for the spring adjusters. Much easier to adjust the shield and less rattling. Mine only rattles slightly on a slow bumpy road. At normal road and highway speeds it's silent. If you really want to spend some coin get the electric option.

I started with the baggershield and now I have the Clearview. The little curve at the top sends the turbulance over the helmet.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I'm with Steve - Madstad works very, very well for riding solo or two up. Hear my stereo clearly up to top end. It's a bit funky looking - but so am I. The varying ways you can adjust this windscreen is superior to others - in my opinion. And I still look over it not through it whichnI prefer.

You will most likely be happy with either choice.

JB

I started with the bagger shield and am now with the Windbender. In the up position the protection of the Bagger Shield was great but I really don't like looking thru a windshield.....I like the adjustability of the windbender and so far it seems to do the job....but only been out twice so far this year....time will tell...as Bobby says the spring adjusters are a must...a little rattle at slow speeds on a bumpy road but not bad....As soon as it warms up some and I have a few days off gonna give it the BIG Test out on the interstate..... No matter what you go with get a set of hand wings...

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
    Well, that's what I love about this forum. Thanks for the input. I will ask this, though...why the desire for the vent? I thought the whole idea of the vent in a windshield was to equalize the pressure in front of and behind the screen to eliminate buffeting.
    I had a shield for a little while with a vent and it was nice to have a little breeze on my chest in the heat. That's what I miss, but you can't have it all right? I think it's worth the trade off.