Windbender
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windbender

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Windbender

Just installed a Windbender windscreen....took a 65 mile ride today....works great. I had a Madstad on my wing and this one does as good, if not better. I got the ST15, have it in the 3rd click....a small amount of wind (still; not turbulent) which will great on a hot day. Coming home, a heavy rainstorm hit and had no problems with rain....I am 6' 1" and can easily see over the screen. I can raise it several more inches If I wanted. I thought I would really miss the air vent I had on the old screen but it looks like the space between the base and top shield will accomplish the breeze needed while decreasing the turbilence. If this one didn't work my next move would be the Madstad...but I think this one is a keeper.

Attachment 12043

Attachment 12045

Seems like I always prefer the look of the Wind Bender over the Madstad. Would love to try one someday.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Could you take a pic closer in the front and one from the driver position?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I am not near the bike today....have you seen the ones on the Windbender site? They have a ton of them as you suggest. I'll post several later...

I will add that there is no wind noise or buffeting...I can hear the radio on vol 14-15....at speed.

Unhappy

gonna be putting my HPS on this weekend......still way to much snow to try it out...

Here's pics of mine. Can't believe its been almost year since I posted that.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...ght=Windbender

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Here you are:

Attachment 12150Attachment 12151

[QUOTE=TnHeath;65463]Just installed a Windbender windscreen....took a 65 mile ride today....works great. I had a Madstad on my wing and this one does as good, if not better. I got the ST15, have it in the 3rd click....a small amount of wind (still; not turbulent) which will great on a hot day. Coming home, a heavy rainstorm hit and had no problems with rain....I am 6' 1" and can easily see over the screen. I can raise it several more inches If I wanted. I thought I would really miss the air vent I had on the old screen but it looks like the space between the base and top shield will accomplish the breeze needed while decreasing the turbilence. If this one didn't work my next move would be the Madstad...but I think this one is a keeper.

UPDATE:

I had a Clearview, large, sport tour width, light gray tint that I had ordered in December and had not installed. After riding with the Windbender for a while I just didn't like the vibration of the shield, didn't rattle but it certainly is not steady...I tried the new spring-loaded locating pin system and it made it worse. I went back to the older clevis pins. I thought I would try the Clearview and see if I liked it better than the Windbender. After trying both, the Windbender is a 8 out of 10 on wind management. The Clearview comes in at 7. Allows just a little more air, but not objectionable at all. More air will be better in the summer. I have no trouble seeing over the screen by a good 4-5 inches. The recurve really works and I noticed no distortion on the upper shield area.

I really like the appearance of the Windbender, kind of quirky, but not as much as the Madstad. If all you care about is wind management you can't beat the Madstad. Having said all this, I think the Clearview touches all the right spots: good wind management, great looks, steady as a rock. It was a pain installing the stock wing vent. Could not do it on the trike...had to take the shield off.

Attachment 12424

Attachment 12426
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2013 F6B Motor Trike Raptor

Back to the Windbender

[QUOTE=TnHeath;67220]
    Quote Originally Posted by TnHeath View Post
    Just installed a Windbender windscreen....took a 65 mile ride today....works great. I had a Madstad on my wing and this one does as good, if not better. I got the ST15, have it in the 3rd click....a small amount of wind (still; not turbulent) which will great on a hot day. Coming home, a heavy rainstorm hit and had no problems with rain....I am 6' 1" and can easily see over the screen. I can raise it several more inches If I wanted. I thought I would really miss the air vent I had on the old screen but it looks like the space between the base and top shield will accomplish the breeze needed while decreasing the turbilence. If this one didn't work my next move would be the Madstad...but I think this one is a keeper.

UPDATE:

I had a Clearview, large, sport tour width, light gray tint that I had ordered in December and had not installed. After riding with the Windbender for a while I just didn't like the vibration of the shield, didn't rattle but it certainly is not steady...I tried the new spring-loaded locating pin system and it made it worse. I went back to the older clevis pins. I thought I would try the Clearview and see if I liked it better than the Windbender. After trying both, the Windbender is a 8 out of 10 on wind management. The Clearview comes in at 7. Allows just a little more air, but not objectionable at all. More air will be better in the summer. I have no trouble seeing over the screen by a good 4-5 inches. The recurve really works and I noticed no distortion on the upper shield area.

I really like the appearance of the Windbender, kind of quirky, but not as much as the Madstad. If all you care about is wind management you can't beat the Madstad. Having said all this, I think the Clearview touches all the right spots: good wind management, great looks, steady as a rock. It was a pain installing the stock wing vent. Could not do it on the trike...had to take the shield off.

Attachment 12424

Attachment 12426

Update: I changed back to the Windbender today. The Clearview is just slanted back to much toward the rider...someone made a comment about a crash and being thrown forward into the screen. The more I thought about it the more unsettling it became to have the Clearview so close. The Windbender at 14 inches (measured from the rubber at the screen garnish) offers as much wind protection as does the other screens a couple inches higher). I am getting good at changing screens out...took me eight minutes this time.

Attachment 13148
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2013 F6B Motor Trike Raptor

11" Hps...I'm 5'10" Mustang seat at the lowest setting works GREAT....Also using the Baker hand wings....so far seems like a winner