Unbelievable bad luck

Thread: Unbelievable bad luck

Unbelievable bad luck

I spent the day riding around Central Florida talking to service depts. at Honda dealerships before I purchased a extended warranty for my 13 B. Got one and was satisfied so I started home, about 50 miles. After my episode with a pallet last year I make sure I stay far behind trucks. I riding along about 60mph minding my own business when a line of tree trimming trucks comes at me in the other lane. No big deal until something small, about the size of a baseball falls off one of them bounces ounces and hits my shift foot right on top of my toes. I'm going 60 in one direction them prob 50 in the other. They pain is intense. I'm about ten miles from home so I don't stop. Get home take off the work boot, my big toe and the one next to it are twice their normal size and both nails are black! WTF bad luck. After 30+ years of riding without incident I have been hit twice by something falling off a truck in just over a year.

That sucks, get better.

Ouch! Heal well!

Mike

Heal quick and get back in the saddle soon!

Pisses me off, man. Shooting projectiles off truckbeds because the drivers are too lazy to secure their load. My wife's windshield got hit by a small chain from a fruit truck. It was going the opposite direction. I want to chase them down and throttle them.

Makes a case for wearing a camera for evidence.

Glad you're okay.

If that had happened here, there'd be a sequel to The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and I'd be the lead actor with my Stihl. Glad you're OK.

Ugh. What are the odds?

Well, could be worse. There is a woman in NYC who had a lamp post knock her out after being hit in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade...and then her apartment was struck by a private plane...the engine landed in her bedroom where she would have been a few minutes later.

I was walking my dog several months ago near some kids who were practicing pitching and hitting baseballs. After walking by, and then getting about 100 feet away, a foul ball went over the backstop, between some trees separating the field from the walking path, and landed right next to me after I ducked at the last second.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Ugh. What are the odds?

Well, could be worse. There is a woman in NYC who had a lamp post knock her out after being hit in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade...and then her apartment was struck by a private plane...the engine landed in her bedroom where she would have been a few minutes later.

I was walking my dog several months ago near some kids who were practicing pitching and hitting baseballs. After walking by, and then getting about 100 feet away, a foul ball went over the backstop, between some trees separating the field from the walking path, and landed right next to me after I ducked at the last second.
    Could of been worse for sure. How is life on Lake Ontario? I grew up outside of Oswego. Love upstate NY just not found of it in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I spent the day riding around Central Florida talking to service depts. at Honda dealerships before I purchased a extended warranty for my 13 B. Got one and was satisfied so I started home, about 50 miles. After my episode with a pallet last year I make sure I stay far behind trucks. I riding along about 60mph minding my own business when a line of tree trimming trucks comes at me in the other lane. No big deal until something small, about the size of a baseball falls off one of them bounces ounces and hits my shift foot right on top of my toes. I'm going 60 in one direction them prob 50 in the other. They pain is intense. I'm about ten miles from home so I don't stop. Get home take off the work boot, my big toe and the one next to it are twice their normal size and both nails are black! WTF bad luck. After 30+ years of riding without incident I have been hit twice by something falling off a truck in just over a year.
    wow, now that is black cloud worthy. Up here in southern Wisconsin it is black walnut season. Lemon size rocks that fall from the trees. This is my biggest fear hitting a falling object at 50 MPH on the beautiful twisty back highways. I just heard of one of these tree bombs smashing a suv windshield. Cant even imagine what it could do to a bike. Just when I thought the only hazards were pot holes, road debris, loos gravel/ sand, wild turkeys, and dear. What next. Heal fast my friend.