Is Road Glide a good touring bike.

Thread: Is Road Glide a good touring bike.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RG

I've owned two Road Glides one standard and one CVO. I now own an F6B which I like because the F6 reminds me of the RG. I prefer the stability that the frame mounted fairing provides. I had no complaints with my RG's.

shooter
    Not trying to be ignorant here. I'm serious. If you want info on a HD you would be better off on an HD site. A Honda site is not the info capital for HD. Like I said , I'm proud you're here but the info may be better elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Not trying to be ignorant here. I'm serious. If you want info on a HD you would be better off on an HD site. A Honda site is not the info capital for HD. Like I said , I'm proud you're here but the info may be better elsewhere.
    I think ppl here are more level headed. Most here have ridden all kinds of brands. I'm just curious and want to know what previous road glide owners have to say about that bike. I may eventually test ride the bike. But I really hope this lower front forks and rocky risers do the trick for me. I'm really going no where with new bike every spring and summer. So far I'm blown away with the engine characteristic of F6 but something is missing to make it complete for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I think ppl here are more level headed. Most here have ridden all kinds of brands. I'm just curious and want to know what previous road glide owners have to say about that bike. I may eventually test ride the bike. But I really hope this lower front forks and rocky risers do the trick for me. I'm really going no where with new bike every spring and summer. So far I'm blown away with the engine characteristic of F6 but something is missing to make it complete for me.
    here is my nickle,if you have to try this hard to like the f6b,you need to move on...
    most will agree that its the finest bike we ever road but its not for everyone
    lots of mods for a road glide,not so much for the f6b,be careful and I hope this helps

I had a Softail and a Road Glide. Sold them, bought F6B. Never could get used to ergos, loved the performance. The new Rushmore bikes by Harley are amazing. I just trade F6B in for Ultra Glide. Unlike the Honda places in AZ, the HD shops are generous with their demo rides. Go ride them, maybe you will like it better, maybe you won't. I also, demo'd Indians and Victorys.

07 RG

2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

It's a good bike if you can stand the heat. I can't and won't ride another HD until they do something about it. I used to be one of those guys that HD could do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    It's a good bike if you can stand the heat. I can't and won't ride another HD until they do something about it. I used to be one of those guys that HD could do no wrong.

i traded in a hd to get my f6b,and I loved my harley...
    risers are not your answer i can tell you this...
    my opinion you are going in the wrong direction,the best changes i have made were the heli bars and my ultimate seat
    but all this aside you have not even scraped the surface with this bike...stop changing stuff and learn to ride it...this is not a sporty...
    never gonna be...this is a first class tour bike...made to eat mile and bring smiles...stop listening to the crowd go get your bike and just ride...
    the risers wont help a short rider,you need heli bars...nuff said

The changes they have made to the new RG are amazing. The three vents on the fairing create a really smooth riding experience. The RG has always been my dream bike, until Honda came out with the F6B.

After owning a Street Glide, I'm not sure if I'll ever buy another HD touring bike. The maintenance complexity and costs are insane. The Honda is a dream to own and maintain. I don't know if I could go back.

I also have a Sportster for fun on the weekends when I'm not riding the 6. Sportsters are a lot more reliable and easier to maintain.