Anyone NOT own a handgun?
Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Anyone NOT own a handgun?

I'm curious if any of you F6B owners in the US does not own a handgun/s.
    If so, why not?
    It seems like the vast majority here do own and carry.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    If so, why not?
    I don't own one. I would, but it seems everywhere I might want to shoot someone has a "guns banned on these premises" sign.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

never have never will

Odds are far greater when you own a handgun that you yourself will be shot. I am into everything that lowers my odds of being shot.

It's lucky I can't carry up here because I would have probably shot at least a hundred texters by now.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    If so, why not?
    I'll be first , who will fulfill your curiosity .
    NO - I don't own any , so I don't carry one .
    Why ? - Because I DO NOT WANT TO !!!!!

My best defense weapon is my humor and no fear from anybody .
    I was in many strange situations in Chechnya , South African Soweto , Rio de Janeiro , Harlem , South Philadelphia - you name it . My goofy attitudes and respect to fellow human bean made more friends , so were no enemies to be afraid off .
    In extended philosophy of so called "self defense" , I could provide millions of reasons to support my decision .

Cool

I don't ...I don't mind if someone else does... There was a lot of money spent on me to teach me to injure folks...I don't need a gun, IE: read/ military type defense training.....

I DO believe if you have one you will use it in the right situation ...if you don't have a gun with you, you will go to plan "B"...

I don't care what side of the Zimmerman case you fall on...but do you think, if he could would he change his decision considering all the changes in his life? I think the average person would say it was not worth it... Once this decision is made your life is over as you know it....and yes I realize your life maybe me over as well...

NOW, that I am a little older and have a hearth condition, and a big mouth, I may need to revisit this and buy a bazooka ...because my mouth does not have a filter and some times words come out w/o me thinking.... sad but I usually say what ever I am thinking w/o thinking how my words will effect others...only one of my faults and I have many!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    It's lucky I can't carry up here because I would have probably shot at least a hundred texters by now.
    In this subject , I'll need to help you out . Lets establish Mercyless Coalition Against Stupid Bustards on American Roads ,
    who might even think to use those got damn phones during the driving . Well - I'm afraid , even nuclear weapons against them could't do any progress . Tough battle .

I spent 28 years south of the border and ultimately owned a couple of hand guns. When I retired and decided to return to live in Canada, I sold them. No regrets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Limoles,In extended philosophy of so called "self defense" , I could provide millions of reasons to support my decision "

And this type thing does work...just realize, there are bad people in the world that don't care about their life and care much less for yours....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have a couple and a permit to carry. Live in small town Wi, not a real need to carry, but then you never know. It puts a HUGE responsibility on you when you carry. Rules are not the same for me, as they are for an officer of the law, I would need to be beaten half to death before I could shoot the person beating me, I have a brother in law enforcement and support them, just saying.
    I applied for my permit because I thought the government was having a brain fart in allowing us to conceal and carry and wanted to get mine before they came to their sences. lol
    Put on a few pounds so my inside the belt is uncomfortable to carry and my job won't allow but when I shed the job and a few pounds I will carry more, because I can.