Very nice little write up. Thanks for this.
I'm sure a lot of new and potential owners will appreciate your experience and opinion.

As I have ridden mine for almost 14k miles, the mileage hovers between 39-42 and of course depends on the load and how heavy I get on the throttle.

I have to agree with you on the point about rain protection. I've had a couple opportunities to ride in some local weather - yes, believe it or not, it actually does rain in the desert! I share the same respect for the ability of the F6B to shelter the rider, even behind the BaggerShield bottom half only.

The riding position is just fine with me. I also came from a VTX after 11 years and had no problem at all getting used to the F6B.

As for the seat, I know it can be a hot topic, but I've had no problem at all with the stocker on an occasional 350 mile day. But I think I'll be packing along the AirHawk I used on my VTX when I make the ride to Franklin this summer... just in case.

The handling of the bike is so nice. It's much better than the 2000 model GL1500 I rode for three years. I especially notice the difference in the city, in parking lots and in the curvy parts of the open road. It's so responsive. Like another member recently wrote in another thread (sorry, I'm not sure who or where) it's like having the bike under mind control.

And you are correct about the bags being a little narrow. But throw a BikeMP3 rack on her, add a nice travel bag and you're definitely good to go the distance.

I give my 2014 model 9 out of 10 points. And she'll get the last point after I add cruise.

Anyway, thanks again for your post. Maybe we'll see you in Franklin?