The hard way - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The hard way

Quote Originally Posted by wylbur78 View Post
    Harley now offers a Stage 4 kit that will out perform their Screaming Eagle that cost almost $40000, but the kit is still around $6500 to install and will only get you around 100-105hp and around 110-115ftlb at the rear wheel is the claim, so you're still looking at $30k-$35k for what you can get on a F6B/Goldwing or ever a Sport Tourer with a crappier ride to boot.
    If you wanna spend that kind of money on the F6B, you can achieve a reported 188 hp 230 ft. lbs. of torque with a turbocharger kit

Well finally did it

I have traded my 2014 Street Glide for a 2015 F6B in the Matte Silver. Picked it up at a local shop here in Houston this past Friday morning and already have almost 600 miles on her in 2 1/2 days worth of riding, and have loved every damn minute of it. This bike rides and handles like a dream. Thanks again everyone for the opinions and advice. I wish I would have bought this bike to begin with last year. I came out upside down and added $10 to my overall bike payment but with as much as I ride it's worth it for the fuel and oil changes saving I will have. I added a taller windshield and the backrest and will change out the windshield later for a more custom looking one. Now I just need a heal toe shifter.

I have traded my 2014 Street Glide for a 2015 F6B in the Matte Silver. Picked it up at a local shop here in Houston this past Friday morning and already have almost 600 miles on her in 2 1/2 days worth of riding, and have loved every damn minute of it. This bike rides and handles like a dream. Thanks again everyone for the opinions and advice. I wish I would have bought this bike to begin with last year. I came out upside down and added $10 to my overall bike payment but with as much as I ride it's worth it for the fuel and oil changes saving I will have. I added a taller windshield and the backrest and will change out the windshield later for a more custom looking one. Now I just need a heal toe shifter.
    Well well, you don't mess around.

Congrats! Let us know how it does for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Well well, you don't mess around.

Congrats! Let us know how it does for ya.
    Will do... Thanks again to everyone. I hope to get to meet some of the guys and gals on this forum sometime out on the road. I will start checking the forums for the F6B riders groups and rallies as such to try and make an appearance.

"Keep the sunny side up and the rubber side down"

Congrats! You bought the best performing factory bagger out there!

Here's some pics of her.

Here it is late Wednesday and already have 850 mile on her. By Friday I will have over 1000 miles on her. As I said earlier and on another thread, I can't believe I past this baby up for my Street Glide last year. I'm loving every minute riding this bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was a hair's breadth away from getting a Streetglide; definitely a cool bike but I'm feeling good about the F6 too.

Now you can ride like you mean it!

I can't believe I past this baby up for my Street Glide last year. I'm loving every minute riding this bike.
    Excellent color choice. You didn't pass anything up last year, cuz this fastest color didn't exist yet

Did you buy that at Lunsford Honda in North Houston? Did Brandon sell it to you? He sold me my matte silver just a few weeks ago.

Back in the saddle, again!

Well, it only took over two months to move the 2014 Harley Super Glide Custom but I finally found a committed buyer and sold the thing last Friday. Ended up having to discount it way down but just glad the Harley is history. The 103 is one hot running vibrating beast in the Dyna chassis and just way too much for an enjoyable ride, in my opinion.

Began the process of buying the replacement F6B and decided to forgo buying a new 2015 in the Matte Silver and instead searched and found another BLACK (The fastest color!) F6B in the deluxe configuration with only 4900 miles on the clock and in perfect stock condition. These bikes just look so dang good in black it was not even a hard decision. Plus, I really think that Mother Honda has a trick or two up her sleeve and that she will release for 2016 or 2017 a F6B with the one option I really want, a reverse gear. So, the thought process is get another BLACK F6B and ride it for a couple of years until Honda releases for the US market the F6B Deluxe in BLACK and with Cruise, ABS Brakes and Reverse. Just adding the cruise for 2015 for the US market is just a tickler play. The European F6B for 2015 has cruise, ABS and now a reverse.

Picking her up tomorrow.

Attachment 14234