I just don't get it !!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just don't get it !!!!

Wing Stuff sells it for the stock seat.
    Corbin has a slot to make it optional for their seat.
    I'm sure there are others.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Old Fart Seating

When you get to the age where you like to ride and relax, a backrest and good adjustable foot pegs are a blessing in disguise. Currently in the processing of working on my "bucket list", I'm well beyond what others think of the appearance of my bike. If it "suits me fine" that's all that counts. There are a number of back rest options already available which includes "commercially" or "home brewed" and the number will grow with time. That is good for everyone! Years ago I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a remarkable combination backrest/travel bag. Called the Cruiser Bag it was made in Canada. Constructed of heavy PVC pipe and covered in black vinyl, it has a adjustable back rest which rolls up at the bottom to provide some lumbar support. Of any bike options I've ever purchased the CB tops the list of "money well spent"

The F6B will be my third "heavy cruiser" to use the Cruiser B. Secured with straps, it's on/off in less than 5 minutes. As I always ride solo it pretty much stays in place. I've had numerous inquiries about the bag/rest. Unfortunately the company who manufactured it is no longer in business. If someone could secure the patent for this item they would have a "gold mine" IMHO.

My F6B is a "Basic" so I had the dealer install the passenger bask rest. The sole reason, securing my CB.

Here's some pics of my F6B "Lazy Boy"

100_0827.jpg100_0749.jpg

Agree with what others have posted. I'd also add that the Utopia rest can be mounted with a QD backrest. When you are rolling on down the long road and want to kick back some you install it. Buzzing around town or bike nights you simply take it off for looks sake.
    I don't see the use of backrests as an old rider thing, more of a comfort item, like highway pegs. 99.99% of the time you really don't use them, or need them. However on those odd rides they are just nice for kicking back. I don't have a backrest on my beemer, but I do have hwy pegs for those times I just want to stretch the legs and get a different leg position. I can tell you on a 750+ mile day my legs thank me for a few miles of change.
    I had NOT really given much thought to a riders backrest on the F6, but might have had I kept it. I do a lot of over the road miles and night rides where I am riding to relax. The backrest is nice for those rides.