I just don't get it !!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just don't get it !!!!

I just don't get it !!!!

I know I can't be the only one with this thought however I have to make some distinction here ... I see ALLL these posts about 'BACKREST' and I can't help but think ... WHY???? I respect all riders however I have to find out the difference of riders here ... I don't wish to assume but it's getting to that point where it feels like the younger F6B riders on here don't need (or want) back rest and the older ones are in LOVE w/ these back rest. Am I correct in this assumption??? I just gotta know .. cause if there are some 35 and under riders who need (or want) driver back rest ... then let me know ... cause I gotta know!!!

I've rode the bike now for a few months here in Chicago ... and folks ABSOLUTELY are in awe of this bike and I say the word 'Backrest' and the response is HELL NO ... why do that ... blah blah ... Again, no disrespect to anyone or their riding skills ... I just wanna know if I'm the only one who feels like this?????

Two Operations

As a long distance rider, with two lower back fusions, a back rest is the greatest thing in motorcycleism. ( new word) ?

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    Am I correct in this assumption??? I just gotta know .. cause if there are some 35 and under riders who need (or want) driver back rest ... then let me know ... cause I gotta know!!!

You are NOT correct in that assumption. I am one of the older people on this forum, and I can tell you that it is up to the individual rider to make the determination of whether they want to use a backrest for the rider...not the age of the rider.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Why would you be worried about what other people say or think about a backrest on YOUR BIKE?! There are a couple of options out there for backrests. If you want one then get one, if not then don't. Either way your comfort should be what's important in the end, not opinions.

Cool

Not sure what age has to do with comfort.....some folks like/love a back rest some don't ...thats what makes the world turn....if you are talking about passengers.....I would not have a passenger w/o a back rest...for their comfort and the fact I don't like people touching me while riding, We should be very concerned that our passengers feel safe and enjoy riding with us......the passenger back rest was an issue with my wife as she does have some back issues and the stock butt chock was not working...which prompted a new back rest riser...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

For the first 35 years of riding motorcycles I thought why the heck use a windshield when bikes are all about feeling the wind on your face. At 65 I still like the feel of wind on my face when I ride my 1975 CB750 café racer. When I rode my Wing from Texas to Alaska a windshield sure was a joy. When I travel I make a backrest out of a touring bag, its nice to lean back for a stretch.
    Bottom line, whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinF View Post
    Bottom line, whatever floats your boat.
    Truer words!!!

I would not mind seeing what the driver back rest looks like and how it mounts.

Not mine...

2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I would have to try a backrest, because I have never tried one on a MC.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Not mine...

"Ride Shiny Side Up"