Rideon Wheel Balancing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rideon Wheel Balancing

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Rideon Wheel Balancing

Original post by "Steve 0080"

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycles.html

That's really interesting. Gotta file that for future reference. Thanks for the info.

Not for Goldwings???

I was just on their site and they said not to use on newer model Goldwings. Something about the TPMS system not being sealed and the moisture form the produce causing damage.. Does the F6B not have a TPMS system?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeken47 View Post
    I was just on their site and they said not to use on newer model Goldwings. Something about the TPMS system not being sealed and the moisture form the produce causing damage.. Does the F6B not have a TPMS system?
    I have a 2013 F6B and it doesn't have factory TPMS..........so I would think using it in the 2013 F6B would be OK....however if you add an aftermarket TPMS (except the FoboBike TPMS) you might be subject to the problem.......my 2 cents!

Ride Safe - But Often!!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...hlight=Ride-on

Post #29.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ride on

Two things I have against the ride on tire balancer and sealant is the fact that if my tire is punctured, I want to know it and get it off my bike and put a new one in its place. Your life depends on those two pieces of rubber and if one is hurt and you don't know it you could lose it in a heartbeat at 80 mph on the freeway. Second is the fact that your tire changer isn't going to be happy with the extreme mess you just gave him when changing the tire to a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Two things I have against the ride on tire balancer and sealant is the fact that if my tire is punctured, I want to know it and get it off my bike and put a new one in its place. Your life depends on those two pieces of rubber and if one is hurt and you don't know it you could lose it in a heartbeat at 80 mph on the freeway. Second is the fact that your tire changer isn't going to be happy with the extreme mess you just gave him when changing the tire to a new one.
    I agree. I can see an immediate benefit from it with a flat but I want to know that I have had one.
    Radials tend to be self sealing (for a while) with a nail in place. A close watch on your tires (visual and checking pressure) should do in most situations. For balancing with it I have no experience. I once used Dyna-Beads for improved balancing and found them to be of no use (for me). I could not tell any benefit, but that's just my experience.

Second is the fact that your tire changer isn't going to be happy with the extreme mess you just gave him when changing the tire to a new one.
    The truth of the matter is Ride On Tire Balancer/ Sealant is water soluble. It has a consistency of Molasses and adheres to the inner tire surface and not the rim. Have it installed in my six motorhome tires and have never had a smoother ride on my bus. The tires are 275/75 R22.5. The garage that installed the RO recommended it and had a unmounted tire which had RO and it was not on either sidewall. Pretty amazing stuff IMHO.

Don't have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    The truth of the matter is Ride On Tire Balancer/ Sealant is water soluble. It has a consistency of Molasses and adheres to the inner tire surface and not the rim. Have it installed in my six motorhome tires and have never had a smoother ride on my bus. The tires are 275/75 R22.5. The garage that installed the RO recommended it and had a unmounted tire which had RO and it was not on either sidewall. Pretty amazing stuff IMHO.
    I don't have a problem with it used in a motorhome or a car, my biggest concern is not knowing that the tire on my motorcycle has been punctured. I carry enough stuff with me to fix any puncture enough to get me home or to a place to change the tire and put a new one on it. It would worry me to know that I might have had a puncture and the sealant had plugged it up and I didn't know about it.

I don't have a problem with it used in a motorhome or a car, my biggest concern is not knowing that the tire on my motorcycle has been punctured. I carry enough stuff with me to fix any puncture enough to get me home or to a place to change the tire and put a new one on it. It would worry me to know that I might have had a puncture and the sealant had plugged it up and I didn't know about it.

What you don't know don't hurt ya! Sorry, I would rather ride my bike home as opposed to having my bike towed home ....

On the screw above a guy came into a store I was in and asked if the bike was mine...thought you would like to know there is a screw in the tire...I said thanks, finished my business and rode home...pulled the screw and road another 500 miles before having the new tire installed...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com