So how kool is this
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So how kool is this

So how kool is this

No idea what its like in America but here in the land down under where I live it was against the law to lane filter
    Like going up between cars in the same lane?
    Ahhh but now you can if the traffic is moving slowly around the 30Kph , 20Mph mark.
    Ahhhh but better still a Motorcycle can now use the emergency stopping lain again when the traffic is slow, but in the emergncy stopping lane can only move at 30Kph, 20Mph
    So when its all banked up????? in to the emergency stopping lane yah go and now its legal
    Like yah pass a zillion cars that are all shitty and stopped and overheating and they will all hate yah
    Now how good is that
    WooooooHoooooo

Yeah, we call that lane splitting in USA, most states it is illegal to lane split. Most will turn there heads if traffic is stopped. California allows it. Mostly illegal when traffic is moving, doesn't mean some don't do it. As far as emergency lane thats a no-no most certainly get a ticket for driving in that lane.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Yeah, we call that lane splitting in USA, most states it is illegal to lane split. Most will turn there heads if traffic is stopped. California allows it. Mostly illegal when traffic is moving, doesn't mean some don't do it. As far as emergency lane thats a no-no most certainly get a ticket for driving in that lane.
    Mate in all honesty I have done it all my life.
    Every set of lights I'm always up the front
    And when the traffics slow on the Hi-way I'm always in the emergency lane but mostly up around the 100Kph/60Mph mark
    But besides the speed limits just kooler than a rat with a gold tooth that now its legal

I use to do it more often with my NC700, when the bags weren't on. Narrow bike make it easier. However the width of the "B" I don't usually try it. I'd rather sit back and enjoy the ride then be up front.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Same here mate
    The old ST1100 was better than perfect for it

But I forgot to mention that now when the lights are Red we can use the Cyclists lane also to get to the front

Tried that once before, while waiting in line at customs in Vancouver Canada. While cutting between the cars my fishing pole, which was in a case, tore off a guys rear view mirror. Thank god it was a rental. The driver kind of laughed it off and keep on going.

Wont try that again.

lane sharing

Living in the SF Bay Area lane sharing is a way of life, night and day. The F6B is wide, but somehow it always makes it. Just love to see those haters in the cages scowl when we go by.

IN the rare times I ride my Harley if I get caught I just put the flashers on, go 20 MPH in the service lane and the cops never bothered me in over 30 years, they understand it's air cooled, they ride the same bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    IN the rare times I ride my Harley if I get caught I just put the flashers on, go 20 MPH in the service lane and the cops never bothered me in over 30 years, they understand it's air cooled, they ride the same bikes.
    And so they should
    They ride Harleys
    They know they break down
    They know their about to break down
    And and and and ???????
    In Fact maybe they should call the service lane the Haley Lane

Caution, graphic fatal crash: