Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay

Thread: Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Laker View Post
    Has it gone through any testing? It looks like it would bend back without a lot of pressure. Could be dangerous to the passenger.
    I'm not sure what you're basing that comment on, just the picture? The backrest is steel, very strong and sturdy when mounted. At 4 inches and it being made out of steel you would have to put a tremendous amount of weight on it to make it "dangerous", more so than anyone could do leaning up against it. I could see after years of use maybe and that's a big maybe the bracket starting to bend slightly over time causing a slight curve in the metal but nothing dangerous. It's well made and definitely worth $40!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I'm not sure what you're basing that comment on, just the picture? The backrest is steel, very strong and sturdy when mounted. At 4 inches and it being made out of steel you would have to put a tremendous amount of weight on it to make it "dangerous", more so than anyone could do leaning up against it. I could see after years of use maybe and that's a big maybe the bracket starting to bend slightly over time causing a slight curve in the metal but nothing dangerous. It's well made and definitely worth $40!

I see it having no bending issues for years to come.