best polish and wax - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: best polish and wax

More often than not, I fail to read the fine print on a product. However, this go around I did read the back of the LIQUID GLASS can and it says that it can be used on polycarbonate (windshield plastic), so with the new clear Madstad I installed, I gave it the LG treatment. Wow, does that thing look good. Especially since I applied it before any scratches or swirls. I have three coats on the bike, one on the screen, with plans of doing a total of 5. Then its out in the sun this weekend for a bake job. I have to say the paint looks better than ever. Very pleased with the product.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    More often than not, I fail to read the fine print on a product. However, this go around I did read the back of the LIQUID GLASS can and it says that it can be used on polycarbonate (windshield plastic), so with the new clear Madstad I installed, I gave it the LG treatment. Wow, does that thing look good. Especially since I applied it before any scratches or swirls. I have three coats on the bike, one on the screen, with plans of doing a total of 5. Then its out in the sun this weekend for a bake job. I have to say the paint looks better than ever. Very pleased with the product.
    Excellent news. Thanks for sharing
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I only got 3 coats of LG on before I had to go on a "bake" ride. 70 degrees in OKC today boys and girls.

+1 on the LG…two coats on the bike…headed to the trailer !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Does anyone use the LC prewash, or do you just use the LC as is?

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Does anyone use the LC prewash, or do you just use the LC as is?

Richie
    Unless you've got something funky on it, just go for it. I did with excellent results.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Wax under Liquid Glass

Can one use Liquid Glass over any wax that has been put on previously? Or does it need to go on a wax-stripped bike?
    I am facing a pressing deadline on my Las Vegas trip, and I need to at least wax the front end before I go.

And what's the difference between Liquid Glass and Miracle Glass--are they similar?
    "If it moves, paint it."

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    Can one use Liquid Glass over any wax that has been put on previously? Or does it need to go on a wax-stripped bike?
    I am facing a pressing deadline on my Las Vegas trip, and I need to at least wax the front end before I go.

And what's the difference between Liquid Glass and Miracle Glass--are they similar?
    A quick prep trick for Liquid Glass is to clean the painted surface with a 50/50 mix of Ammonia and water. That will usually remove any prior wax residue. Use a soft Terry Cloth Towel for the process. Follow the can directions and you will have a hard shell finish on your treated surfaces.

Got it now.

Well here it is, just arrived in the post. I just need a bike to put it on

liquidglass (2).jpg
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I just put coat #5 of liquid glass on my black 6. Looking pretty good.