best polish and wax - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: best polish and wax

Cool Putting it on.

Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    I just put coat #5 of liquid glass on my black 6. Looking pretty good.
    It's a small can, and I have two pads to apply it with, I take it it goes on easily like a thin varnish.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Well here it is, just arrived in the post. I just need a bike to put it on

Attachment 4554
    Paul:

You are now in possession of the finest and hardest finish product available for painted surfaces. Make sure you shake the dickens out of the can before using the LG. The ingredients, whatever it consists of, tend to settle at the bottom of the can. Keep us posted on your results once you get your bike back.

P.S. No circular motion of cloth or pad during application! Wipe on, let haze! Wipe off!

Bob

Cool On/Off

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Paul:

You are now in possession of the finest and hardest finish product available for painted surfaces. Make sure you shake the dickens out of the can before using the LG. The ingredients, whatever it consists of, tend to settle at the bottom of the can. Keep us posted on your results once you get your bike back.

P.S. No circular motion of cloth or pad during application! Wipe on, let haze! Wipe off!

Bob
    Cheers Bob,

Thanks for the tip. Bike is here on Sat "Fingers Crossed" so I'll get started on it once I've had a good run out, and washed it again
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Well I'm glad to see so many folks are happy with the suggestion to use LG. Just a follow up but the more coats applied the better the shine becomes and eventually all the paint defects will disappear. As someone pointed out just make sure you have all the bugs and stuff off before applying or you'll seal them under the LG and it gets REALLY tough to get that corrected. Any scuffs or scratches will be limited to the LG coatings, so applying a new coat will make those disappear.
    Again glad it is working out so well for everyone.

For the record my local dealer, OffRoad Express in Erie PA has a black standard and my red deluxe for sale. Someone looking for a GREAT buy might want to give them a buzz. Tell them Tim recommended them and they'll hook you up. For whatever reason they just aren't selling F6's in my town. Weird rider base I guess.

Paul:

Bob
    I'm somewhat obsessive/compulsive. I have almost used the entire can. I come from the "if a little is good, then a lot is gooder" school.

I just got done using liquid glass on the back part of my bike this weekend. Seems like worst part of my bike was the saddle bag area.

After applying 3 coats, I’m pretty pleased with the results. It instantly felt smoother after even the first coat, after the third I even noticed some of the swirling going away. It feels as smooth as it should of in the first place if it had a good quality paint job. The true test is when I go to wax it and I don’t end up with red on my wax pad. Then I’ll be a happy camper!! I’ll be putting on more coats probably and doing the rest of the bike for sure.

It’s great to be able to solve some of the little irritations on this bike. Next onto solving the hesitation with the NGK plugs. That would really make my day!!

Thanks for everybody’s recommendation. This is a great forum.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool Too Cold

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I just got done using liquid glass on the back part of my bike this weekend. Seems like worst part of my bike was the saddle bag area.

After applying 3 coats, I’m pretty pleased with the results. It instantly felt smoother after even the first coat, after the third I even noticed some of the swirling going away. It feels as smooth as it should of in the first place if it had a good quality paint job. The true test is when I go to wax it and I don’t end up with red on my wax pad. Then I’ll be a happy camper!! I’ll be putting on more coats probably and doing the rest of the bike for sure.

It’s great to be able to solve some of the little irritations on this bike. Next onto solving the hesitation with the NGK plugs. That would really make my day!!

Thanks for everybody’s recommendation. This is a great forum.
    Thanks for that, it's still way to cold to even think about putting it on my bike, it would still be wet!!! Good to hear that it's working out for you. I am encouraged.

Liquid Glass Ultimate Polish / Finish

Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post
    I am also a lover of Liquid Glass. I used Meguire's Scratch X and it removed all the swirl marks. A lot of work but worth it.

So you just used the Maguair's Scratch X 2.0 first than apply several coats of Liquid Glass Ultimate Polish / Finish?

Paul:

Bob
    which product should i use first the Liquid Glass Pre-Cleaner or Meguiars ScratchX Scratch Remover 2.0
    than use Liquid Glass Ultimate Polish / Finish?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCKER7718 View Post
    which product should i use first the Liquid Glass Pre-Cleaner or Meguiars ScratchX Scratch Remover 2.0
    than use Liquid Glass Ultimate Polish / Finish?
    I would use the LG Pre-Cleaner first! Whenever I've done any of my vehicles with LG, I first used a mix of 50/50 water and Ammonia to clean all surfaces. That concoction removes any wax residue, bugs and general road grime and does a great job, IMHO, of prepping for the LG. That includes the windshield which gets as many coats of LG as the painted surfaces!