best polish and wax - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: best polish and wax

Took the 6 over to my body man buddy lasy night to have him look at a few spots including were I removed the "Honda" lettering, to my surprise he took the time to take care of them for me, looks so much better. Now for the Liquid Glass treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Come on Slingah we know that's not good old Mass. Beach!
    Say wha???in my avatar? That is Rexhame Beach Marshfield MA.

Maaahshfield

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Maaahshfield

Washed the bike yesterday w/the Liquid Gold wash, thought it looked pretty good till I got it in the garage last night and put a bright light on the fairing in preparation for the first coat of Liquid Gold. For a basically new bike w/less than 3,000 miles on it. the small scratched and swirls were pathetic. I wanted to kick some Honda exec square in the nuts. Will keep the bright lights off of it and put more coats of Liquid Gold on it.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Washed the bike yesterday w/the Liquid Gold wash, thought it looked pretty good till I got it in the garage last night and put a bright light on the fairing in preparation for the first coat of Liquid Gold. For a basically new bike w/less than 3,000 miles on it. the small scratched and swirls were pathetic. I wanted to kick some Honda exec square in the nuts. Will keep the bright lights off of it and put more coats of Liquid Gold on it.
    I would suggest using Liquid Glass instead of Liquid Gold. Big difference in finish. Don't use the rag in circles like you would wax use back and forth movement. 3 coats of liquid glass will help that crap paint greatly. (Liquid Gold is furniture polish) ...................Dickie

Opticoat and Wolfgang paint sealant are the best IMHO and many enthusiasts .

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I would suggest using Liquid Glass instead of Liquid Gold. Big difference in finish. Don't use the rag in circles like you would wax use back and forth movement. 3 coats of liquid glass will help that crap paint greatly. (Liquid Gold is furniture polish) ...................Dickie
    Sorry, dickslexic, meant to say Liquid Glass.

Nothing but professional grade Meguiars will do for proper paint correction IMO. It's SMAT technology therefore work it as long or as short as you want, using hand or machine as needed. These products are extremely easy to work with and are extremely effective.

M205 is light-to-medium on the abrasion aggressiveness scale. Excellent for removing swirls and light scratches in between washes.

M105 is high on the abrasion aggressiveness scale. This is actually the most aggressive polish Meguiars makes; use only occassionally and only as needed for deeper scratches or hard paint.

Once the paint is correct, THEN apply LG or whatever protectant you wish. I've been using the Opticoat 2.0... which is essentially the same stuff as OEM clearcoat.

Don't bother with waxes IMO, unless you just like to labor. The POLISH is what brings the shine... not wax.

Once your paint is properly corrected and shining brilliantly, use the LG or OC to seal it up. Done. Repeat next year.