I have been reading this forum since it began and joined in March only to find a few months later that it crashed and I got deleted! Anyway, I am back.............together with a new F6B.
The F6B was only available to special order in the UK. Honda did not want to get loaded with a lot of unsold bikes so they told their dealers to order what they wanted (up to a maximum of 5) and they would get the bikes shipped from Japan.
Well they arrived in the UK on 22nd July, all 37 0f them! 26 Black and 11 red. My dealer ordered 3 and has sold all of them. We only get the standard bike in europe, but with ABS and HISS (Honda Ignition Security System). I picked my Black beauty up on August 3rd and I cannot stop smiling!
I rode the first 300 miles with the standard screen and knew I had to change it for something taller. Mission accomplished, I have now adapted a Goldwing screen with vent, which sits 18.5 inches from the rubber. I find this to be perfect for me. My next addition will be a centre stand.
I have been riding 47 years and have been there/ done that as far as bikes are concerned. Back in 1990 I owned a Harley FLHT for a year then sold it. In December 2012 I bought a 2002 Road King to give Harley another chance...........I forgot what they were like and decided I had made a mistake. Thankfully the dealer took it in trade for the F6B.
This is a great Forum, dedicated to a great bike, thanks for sharing the knowledge you guys have. By the way Honda UK are not ordering any more bikes for this year, but there is strong talk of a new F6C on the horizon.