Where are the F6B Riders coming from? - Page 23
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Where are the F6B Riders coming from?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I traded a perfectly good running 2008 XV1700 Yamaha with about 36,000 miles on it. Bought it in 2010 and was brand new warehouse find.
    Traded it in for my new 2013 F6B left over also brand new never titled or registered. I don't mind if my bike is a few years old when I buy it. As long as it is a ZERO miles bike. The XV1700 was cramped and the seat felt like I was sitting on an anvil and could only ride 300 miles a day before a pain induced posture problem became unbearable.
    I haven't made along ride yet, but I just bought it 14 days ago. I plan on make the Tail of the Dragon, Cherohalla, and the Moonshiner highway before the end of the year. Maybe Austin, Tx as well.
    I have been riding since 1963 when gas was 25 cents a gallon.

My next bike

This is my first post,so I'd like to say hello to everyone. I currently ride a Vfr1200 dct. I have to say this is an amazing machine. Tons of power and the dct is a blast to ride. I can't behave on this bike,it is way to much fun to ride fast. I love the bike but I feel like I'm pushing my luck in the speeding ticket department. So, I've decided it's forsale. When I do sell it the F6B will be my next bike. My dealer currently has a new red 2014.
    If you known anyone looking for a 2010 VFR1200 DCT. Please let me know.Thanks

I'm coming from the Harley family. That's all I've had for my post military adult life. A few problems with them but never anything serious. My last one, 2011 CVO Ultra Classic was the best I ever had. Sold it in Aug/Sept. Then I saw the F6B and knew it was a bike I was going to have to have. Signed the papers a few weeks ago and am now waiting for the chemicals to wash off the roads. I'm done searching for the right pipes, performance mods, and various noises so I can really enjoy the ride. Everything about this bike just fits me, except for the stock windshield. That's been replaced by the tall Honda shield, again the perfect height. I got the pearl yellow. I don't expect to see too many of that color around.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Still own the 2008 BMWLT and just bout the 2013F6B to add to the fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Traded in my Honda VTX1800C

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    F6B Riders .....

What Motorcycle did you trade, retired or sold to acquire a NEW F6B ?

I have seen several posts from Riders that are coming from another Brand of motorcycle. Just curious where everyone is coming from.
    I put lots of research and thought before giving her up, and I have zero regards. The superior handling in the turns is amazing for a large bike of this size. I also don't want to give up on the major amount of torque and power the VTX1800 had, but again this F6B answered in a big way for exactly what I was seeking without giving up performance! Already a 1000 miles after only having the new red F6B for 3 weeks.

Lsnow new F6b owner

Heard the F6b was made to attract the younger riders but not so in my case. Mid 50's and have been riding a 2008 Gl1800 for the last 6 years. Before that rode Harley Road Glide, Yamaha Road Star and started with the classic Yamaha Virago 1986. Primary attraction was keeping the great performance of thr Wing but skinning down the size. Always begged to be able to drop my junk in the trunk and now I have!
    On Tuesday I rode my 08 wing from PCB, fl to Melborne Fl, (435 miles), did paper work and hit the road back to PCB on my F6B. Total of 935 miles. And the last half was wonder ful minus the crappy stock windshield. All good now!
    Any advice on drivers backrest and rear rack would be helpful.
    See you on the road,

Lisa
    FL Motor Maid

Lsnow new F6b owner

Heard the F6b was made to attract the younger riders but not so in my case. Mid 50's and have been riding a 2008 Gl1800 for the last 6 years. Before that rode Harley Road Glide, Yamaha Road Star and started with the classic Yamaha Virago 1986. Primary attraction was keeping the great performance of thr Wing but skinning down the size. Always begged to be able to drop my junk in the trunk and now I have!
    On Tuesday I rode my 08 wing from PCB, fl to Melborne Fl, (435 miles), did paper work and hit the road back to PCB on my F6B. Total of 935 miles. And the last half was wonder ful minus the crappy stock windshield. All good now!
    Any advice on drivers backrest and rear rack would be helpful.
    See you on the road,

Lisa
    FL Motor Maid

Multiple Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    F6B Riders .....

What Motorcycle did you trade, retired or sold to acquire a NEW F6B ?

I have seen several posts from Riders that are coming from another Brand of motorcycle. Just curious where everyone is coming from.
    I bought a 2014 Honda F6C Valkyrie before my F6B with the idea to make it a tilting motor works bike / full lean trike - two wheels in the front. BUT after I got a great deal on the F6C some geeky engineer informed me they couldn't or wouldn't convert the Valkyrie so I bought my current 2015 F6B Deluxe to convert at a later time. The 2014 Valkyrie fell victim to a careless dump truck operator who backed over it in the wee hours of a dark morning.

Still own a 2015 Indian Scout - 500 lbs of go faster that has been tricked out and customized to my liking however it is too light for a serious ride with highways or high winds.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Currently selling my 2005 Road King Peace Officer Special Edition and plan to buy a 16 f6b once it sells.

Kawasaki Vaquero
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe (Current)
    Traxxion Suspension
    Ultimate Seat
    Rockford Audio 8BB & PMX1R
    Cerwin Vega B54 Amplifier
    Avon Cobra Tires
    JBL 6.5" speakers
    Klockwerks Windshield

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero (SOLD)