Balance issue?

Thread: Balance issue?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, if I lean left I can keep it straight too, I wanted to make sure it wasn't just my bike.

FYI, while testing my Go Cruise I kept it straight for quite a while at 65 mph on a loooong straight highway. (Don't try this at home, it's not safe)

The bike is VERY stable! That's what I wanted to find out.

I did try that on the way to work this morning. Mine is very balance, goes straight and true. My old BMW R1100RT would always lean to the right though.

Texting_While_Standing_on_Motorbike_.jpg Letting go of the handlebars is child's play plus the rest of the group don't seem to mind.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

RIDE THIS WEEKEND

Took a long ride on the F6B this weekend, from Maryland to Charlotte, N.C. At 80 with the cruise controle set the bike went down the road like it was possessed. I never had to touch the wheel. This machine is very well balanced. It didn't sway in either direction. It was a pleasure to ride.

I finally got a chance to try mine today (rain finally moved out of North Texas this afternoon). Straight and balanced for over a mile with my hands off the bars, Go Cruise set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I finally got a chance to try mine today (rain finally moved out of North Texas this afternoon). Straight and balanced for over a mile with my hands off the bars, Go Cruise set.
    Damn, I guess I'll have the shop check it out. I already know the answer. "Duh, I don't know". Seems strange to me with so many Goldwings out there that no one I ask at all these Honda shops seem to know anything about them. I guess I haven't asked the right person yet. I hope I didn't get a bad one, although it would be my luck.

It's still the BEST bike I've every owned, hands down. So it's hard to complain.

no hands

Tryed again yesterday 55 straight down the road.
    I made sure I was straight in the saddle before I let go.
    I think I ride a little sideways because of my titanium knee

My F6B is on order so no experience yet, but the '12 Wing I had tracked ok. Maybe our Alaskan roads lack a serious crown. They sure have plenty of roller coaster dips.

I owned two BMW K1600's...GTL and GT. The GTL wanted to roll to the right on her own. Some early models had an upper steering offset that bordered on the manufacturer's limits according to the Forums. Some owners reported being able to shim out the tolerances in the upper suspension to correct the behavior. The second K1660 was a newer production, tracked true, but developed a terrible front suspension squeak that was fixed via a special lube to the shock bushings. Both had excessive stacking clearances in the drivetrain/slipper-assist clutch and clunked with on-off-on throttle. They were rushed into production before all the bugs were smashed.