OOOPS! Someone took a video - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OOOPS! Someone took a video

I agree with you, Calvin. For sure, there is more to the story but nothing seems to justify this extreme action. I know this...even as a licensed concealed carrier, I simply cannot shoot someone running away from me regardless of what they have done to me previously. I have to believe that my life is in imminent danger in order to take lethal action. The same standard should apply to law enforcement.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I agree with you, Calvin. For sure, there is more to the story but nothing seems to justify this extreme action. I know this...even as a licensed concealed carrier, I simply cannot shoot someone running away from me regardless of what they have done to me previously. I have to believe that my life is in imminent danger in order to take lethal action. The same standard should apply to law enforcement.
    Concur. Well written.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    33 years old , "very well trained" cop couldn't run , then apprehend 50 years old and unarmed man ? It doesn't matter , how one can like and respect police enforcement , but 8 bullets for broken light was NOT justified at all !!! Yes - the guy was due to pay child support . Now the State will pay for it and lawyers got richer .

You, Sir really need to be more specific when you are speaking about someone and not throw the entire USA Police Departments into your harangue !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

As far as this situation goes, I cannot think of a reason to shoot the guy, short of him escaping from killing,molesting and beheading a child...so there are reasons to do this, just not in this case.

No sure anyone will ever know what he was thinking but I feel confident he will have many,many years to think it over!

As far as facts, the man was apparently behind in his child support, resisted arrest and ran. In no manner can this be a reason to shoot the guy. Fleeing felon laws where removed from the books 40 years ago. Looks like everyone else did their job...

Always amazed me that videos are manipulated in some manner before going public, this IMHO is done so someone can make money and give fodder to the race baiters... So when do the people of color start burning this town...after all it is their right?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

This just makes it so much harder for the good cops on the job, another layer of distrust has been put between them and the community because of a very bad, and fatal, decision by one cop. Imagine the adrenalin on both sides during a routine traffic stop in that town now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    OMG...so before the video surfaced, this cop said he struggled with the motorist over his taser... which is now shown to be an outright lie.

This is just SICKENING. This is no cop; this is a dangerous moron in uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    You, Sir really need to be more specific when you are speaking about someone and not throw the entire USA Police Departments into your harangue !

Specifically speaking , this is simple act of stupid and bloody violence . Now and after exposing to the world true picture of shooting , Police Dept. must change presumedly initial version of "grabbed taser" , which still didn't create any threat to the supposedly "victimized cop" . I don't see here anything , which could comply with the Police protocols in name of "SERVE & PROTECT". Do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    This just makes it so much harder for the good cops on the job, another layer of distrust has been put between them and the community because of a very bad, and fatal, decision by one cop. Imagine the adrenalin on both sides during a routine traffic stop in that town now.
    This "trust" is gone long time ago . One apple can spoil all basket . Irreversible damage to both sites.

Having wi fi problems could only watch the shooting video. I don't see the cops life in danger when the man is 10-12 steps away from him running away. Then it sounds like the cop fires 5-6 shots. looks guilty to me.

Impossible for this officer to justify the dead man as any type of imminent threat to himself or to anyone. Discharging your duty weapon can only be done with that in mind. Police don't fire warning shots and they don't fire to wound, injur or slow down a threat. It is a deadly force weapon and is the LAST resort in all situations.

Counter this situation with the following video. In this case the officer has been called to the church because of a threat to a church member and the report the threat was armed. You decide if this officer was justified. The man running dropped his gun, picked it up and yes he tried to run, but after the smoke cleared the gun was found next to the dead mans body.

http://youtu.be/APX19gabr8Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver