Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting

Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting

ANOTHER TRAGIC EVENT RELATED TO POSSESSION OF GUN "IN UNNECESSARILY SELF DEFENSE MATTER" .

(CNN)A 1-year-old child was shot and killed Sunday, possibly by a toddler, after a firearm was left unattended, authorities in Cleveland said.
    Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams told CNN affiliate WEWS that several other children and at least one adult were in the house at the time of the shooting.
    Preliminary information indicates a 3-year-old pulled the trigger, he said, but authorities are still investigating.
    "It's a sad day for Cleveland," said Williams. "Currently we're investigating where this firearm came from. We're also investigating how this tragedy actually happened."
    He promised that those responsible would be held accountable.
    According to Cleveland Emergency Medical Service Capt. Michael Threat, the baby was shot in the face.
    "This fascination that we have with handguns -- not just in the city but in this country -- has to stop. This is a senseless loss of life," the police chief said.

One more example for horrific death . It's not about "patriotic readiness" to cover hysteria of hate , addressed to "Nazi's , Commie's , and tree huggers infiltrating the ranks" , but blindness , which is destroying our country .

More from the shill.

When will this senseless fascination with water sports end? Nearly 6 times as many accidental drownings occur as compared to gun deaths. When will we begin to ban these killers from our society?

Because our real concern is eliminating 100% of the accidental deaths.......RIGHT? No matter where they are from, RIGHT?

GRAND RAPIDS, MI -- A toddler was pronounced dead Friday after he was pulled unresponsive from his family's pool in Grand Rapids.

The 22-month-old boy went missing during a family gathering in the 2600 block of Moerland Drive NW. Relatives called police about 6:25 p.m., at which point they believed the boy had been gone for an hour, police said.

The child was located in the backyard in-ground pool about 7 p.m. Authorities on scene performed CPR before the boy was transported by AMR to Helen DeVos Children's Hospital.

Officials believe the death was an accidental cold water drowning.

Police do not yet know how the boy got outside or how long he may have been in the water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Why must we have these chemicals around? We must end this senseless culture of having poisons around the home. 10X as many children die in accidental poisoning than from handguns. When will we eliminate this senseless slaughter of our children? The chemical companies are murdering our children.

A second child has died in a case of accidental poisoning in Fort McMurray.

Several media reports confirm a two-year-old toddler died after he was inadvertently exposed to phosphide gas that was released from pesticide pellets meant to kill bed bugs.

His death was announced at Thurday's funeral for his eight-month-old sister, who died in hospital Monday from the same poisoning incident, reports Global News.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Oh this horrible fascination with prescription drugs. How many have to die before we fix this slaughter in our country? We are out of control allowing our kids to play with loaded drug bottles. When will we hold the drug makers accountable for these murders?

Foundation for a drug free world: Prescription drug abuse causes the largest percentage of deaths from drug overdosing. Of the 22,400 drug overdose deaths in the US in 2005, opioid painkillers were the most commonly found drug, accounting for 38.2% of these deaths.

In 2005, 4.4 million teenagers (aged 12 to 17) in the US admitted to taking prescription painkillers, and 2.3 million took a prescription stimulant such as Ritalin. 2.2 million abused over-the-counter drugs such as cough syrup. The average age for first-time users is now 13 to 14.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

It would be pretty difficult to ban water sports activities and prescription meds, which both have a positive purpose for society.

Handguns? Positive purpose? I don't think so.

All the US has to do is make them restricted weapons that are difficult to procure without proper training and have a long cool down period before acquisition. In Canada one can legally own a handgun, but it involves having to join a gun club, pass practical and written tests, and go through a very complete background check.
    And it cannot be carried on the person without a temporary permit to transport. So it must be locked up in your home, or locked up at the gun club.

You want personal protection on the go? Then just trot down to any sporting goods store and buy some bear spray. At least it won't kill anyone accidentally.

"WE".......need to be more responsible and to ensure our kids are as safe as possible, if this means getting rid of guns, then do it.

In Au, guns of any description have been banned for years unless you have a valid reason Licensed hunter, law enforcement) hand guns are almost impossible to get hold of.......unless you are a criminal of course. These laws have reduced gun crime here to almost nil but we will never stamp it out entirely even though the punishment for having an illegal firearm or parts or ammo is jail.

We got sick of our children drowning in backyard pools so all pools now must have a childproof fence around it, this has reduced but not eliminated drownings due to people leaving pool gates open or country children drowning in dams or creeks but it certainly helps.

Dangerous chemicals including the garden variety are to be kept in locked containers, this also helps but has not prevented deaths due to curious kids or chemicals such a Crystal meth which is starting to be a big concern here.

Every country is different, no one is right and no one is wrong but we must all take responsibility.

Just my bit........

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    It would be pretty difficult to ban water sports activities and prescription meds, which both have a positive purpose for society.

Handguns? Positive purpose? I don't think so.
    No positive purpose, really? none....whatsoever? OK.

What if I told you I get just as much fun and freedom and satisfaction from going to the range as I do from water skiing?

We don't have to ban watersports, just personal swimming pools and have mandatory swimming training and life vests supplied to all citizens and no swimming without lifeguards.

Handguns have no positive purpose? Are you sure?

If I go for stroll down to the park and I hear a 300# thug with a knife is raping your daughter would you prefer me to have a phone and standby, a stick or my handgun?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

[QUOTE=stroguy;72224]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post

Handguns? Positive purpose? I don't think so. /QUOTE]

No positive purpose, really? none....whatsoever? OK.

What if I told you I get just as much fun and freedom and satisfaction from going to the range as I do from water skiing?

We don't have to ban watersports, just personal swimming pools and have mandatory swimming training and life vests supplied to all citizens and no swimming without lifeguards.

Handguns have no positive purpose? Are you sure?

If I go for stroll down to the park and I hear a 300# thug with a knife is raping your daughter would you prefer me to have a phone and standby, a stick or my handgun?

Dude, you are wasting your time. You cant convince some they are wrong. and you cant make sense out of a tragedy.

I am a shooter like a lot of folks on here, but some are clearly not. I do believe in the right to own a firearm, but I also believe there is a great responsibility that comes along with it. For a child to die because some asswhipe does not have the common sense to properly store and secure a weapon is totally unacceptable and he should be charged. Further there are a great many that should not have guns either, Just not enough grey matter between their ears. But they do. I enjoy my guns, and believe no one has the correct answers for all situations.

The point is:

There is great responsibilty required in gun ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in pool ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in prescription drug ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in property ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in auto ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in potentially dangerous pet ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in parenting.

There is great responsibilty required in protecting our loved ones and property from those who would harm us.

Sometimes things go awry and accidents happen. We all need to be responsible for supervising our children, securing our dangerous items and keeping our loved ones safe.

In other news...more than 325 million guns in America did not kill anyone yesterday.