Getting excited
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting excited

Getting excited

I went and looked at my red over black F6BD last evening. The 1" lowering link was in, the ride on/ ride off center stand was removed (boy what a mistake that was), the rear carrier was on, and the 13"/with vent Cee dark wind screen was was on. The pile of parts was still high: the four Honda cigar lighters (one in each forward pocket and one at the fore top inside each saddle bag), Honda fog lights, Muth mirrors, fat black hand grips, and an Audio Vox CS 100 cruise control taken off my wife's VT750ACE. And then we are waiting for the Cobra 6x2x6's. The lighting is very time consuming and I will do that myself, on days when my hands can do it. So, the plan is to pick it up Tuesday. I am getting very excited. I have very high hopes for this bike.

IamBatmanF6B
    AND NO PICS ??????????????????

Pics when I pick it up.

Why did you lower the bike? Giving up precious ground clearance, I don't get it.

Lower

All my bikes have to be lowered. When you have a 28 inch inseam you factor lowering as a basic expense, like insurance or registration fees. When I flew an OH13G I had to put wooden blocks on the anti-torque pedals to reach them. It is really hard to be a macho helicopter pilot when you have to whip-out you kiddy tricycle wooden blocks before mounting-up.

Boots

Quote Originally Posted by troypennock View Post
    All my bikes have to be lowered. When you have a 28 inch inseam you factor lowering as a basic expense, like insurance or registration fees. When I flew an OH13G I had to put wooden blocks on the anti-torque pedals to reach them. It is really hard to be a macho helicopter pilot when you have to whip-out you kiddy tricycle wooden blocks before mounting-up.
    When i had my FJR i purchase some boots....took them to a boot repair store and had 1" added to the sole......Also could wear them to a Kiss Concert...LOL

Can you elaborate more on the cruise control?

Audio Vox

A number of years ago Audio Vox was a major supplier of cruise controls for the Auto After Market. I had one on my 05 FJR, 06 Connie 14, yr?Harley Deluxe, 08 BKing, 09 Hayabusa, and probably one or two more. When Audio Vox announced they were not going to make the generic CS100 anymore; but, they would have another maker (one of their suppliers, I believe) produce them, I was upset. I found a distributor with six and I bought all six at $85.00 each. As the years went by, several of my buddies "had to have one and I had so many" and now I have none. Since my wife was selling her VT750 Honda, we decided to take the one on it and put it on the F6B. I do not expect a problem, but I will let you know. I had to take a battery charger pigtail up to my mechanic so I snapped two shots of the bike. There really isn't much to see yet.2013-07-19 09.26.53.jpg2013-07-19 09.27.07.jpg

The 1" lowering link

Hi,
    I would like to hear more about the 1" lowering link. I don't need one, but lower is always interesting. Would you provide a link or more info.
    Thanks!