Started operation Blackout
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Started operation Blackout

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar

Started operation Blackout

I started blacking out things on the F6, eventually every bolt and anything else for that matter will be black. I'm getting some things powder coated over the Winter then I hope to have the bike painted all flat black. Here is a step in the right direction.....

Smoked front signals

Glove box key mod & Widow skull accent

Chrome pieces on both sides

Passenger pegs

Kill switch

Honda Emblem

Chrome Honda accent on valve covers

Front reflectors

Removed rear reflectors

Black Wings

Baggershield windscreen (this is my second screen, hopefully this one will work) mounted all the way up at 12.25inches

I ran my Garmin cord up under the dash from the left glove box (actual factory cord with antenna so I get traffic updates & speed camera alerts) and mounted Gps to shied (tethered)

Made a stay on the bike key for gas cap and glove box (won't open saddle bags or start ignition)

Supposedly I have a black chrome exhaust on the way but haven't heard from the guy in over a week.
    Hid's on the bench ready to go in sometime this week.
    Other than that I installed the 12volt cig adapter in the compartment (also got a double usb so I have both covered), got a mount on the way for my radar detector with a ground loop insulator so I can hear my detector through the speakers, got the adapter for the intercom so I can hear all radio functions through my Scala rider headset, installed the "Omni cruise" throttle cruise with my grip puppies, de-badged (except for F6B), installed Steve's passenger backrest riser, luggage rack, and new Polk speakers will be here on Tuesday, I am going to look at adding an aftermarket amp, larger front speakers, and a way to incorporate rear speakers (if I can get it to look clean) in the rear saddlebags or trunk area.

Until Cobra comes out with a fuel processor, Gi Pro a tre with gear indicator, and I get the nerve up to tackle the K&N filter I think I'm done until winter when I break the bike down for powder coating and paint.

looking good .. although I wouldn't have blacked out the honda emblem ... but you're on right path. I'm planning on doing some off season tricks myself ...

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    looking good .. although I wouldn't have blacked out the honda emblem ... but you're on right path. I'm planning on doing some off season tricks myself ...
    I don't believe in being a rolling billboard for any company, especially after spending $21,000!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I don't believe in being a rolling billboard for any company, especially after spending $21,000!
    How did you black out the emblem? just covered it with a black sticker?

Your bike looks super BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post

Alllriggghhhtttyyy then ... I guess all of your vehicles are covered up w/ electrical tape, duct tape or spray paint... I did remove the front and back labels but I guess I like the emblem because it's a jaw dropper when folks see that it is in fact a HONDA ... as opposed to answering questions ... "What is that ... ", "Who makes that ... " ... let the bike speak for itself ... just my dime!

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    Alllriggghhhtttyyy then ... I guess all of your vehicles are covered up w/ electrical tape, duct tape or spray paint... I did remove the front and back labels but I guess I like the emblem because it's a jaw dropper when folks see that it is in fact a HONDA ... as opposed to answering questions ... "What is that ... ", "Who makes that ... " ... let the bike speak for itself ... just my dime!
    To each thy own. And no not all of my vehicles are taped or glued, it's comical that you think that's what I used to black it out. Spend your dimes anyway you want too.

Looks good Giddyup

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Looks good Giddyup
    Thanks!

Looks great, what did you use to black everything out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff6b View Post
    Looks great, what did you use to black everything out?
    Good question