F6B riding position vs Vic Cross Country
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B riding position vs Vic Cross Country

F6B riding position vs Vic Cross Country

I jumped on my old Vic Cross Country today & road it for a couple hundred kms. What a comfortable bike. It feels like I sit in it, as opposed to sitting on top like the F6B. I need to change this riding position.
    What seat gets us lower & further back? & do I have to spend $800 on a set of Heli Bars or are there other options?

TIA
    2013 Black F6B
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2005 R1
    2010 Ducati Multistrada (its a keeper)
    450 KTM (strictly motocross)
    Husqvarna SMR 510

+ a few more.

Past - way too many to mention

The Mustang seat sits you back and lower. It gives me the sitting in the bike feeling you desire. When I installed my Mustang, I thought I might need risers for the handlebars. I was pleasantly pleased that the seating position made my handlebars feel very comfortable without any adjustments required.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The F6B is by far the better machine------------but it can't come close to the Baggers from Victory when it comes to comfort. It is one of the trade offs to having a narrow V Twin or a flat 6 that gets in your way. BTW-- this week is the first step of a 3 pay period savings project for Heli Bars.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    The Mustang seat sits you back and lower. It gives me the sitting in the bike feeling you desire. When I installed my Mustang, I thought I might need risers for the handlebars. I was pleasantly pleased that the seating position made my handlebars feel very comfortable without any adjustments required.

Attachment 13364
    I would love a chance to sit in that seat. You guys home? Can I come over for dinner?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I really like my Corbin seat. Feels like I'm sitting in it and when combined with the Ergo IIIs and the Helibars,all day comfort for sure.

Took me a couple of thousand miles to get used to the riding position. Now I can't imagine going back, especially to sticking my legs and feet out in front of me like most v twins.

Had a Vic CrossRoads for about a yr and absolutely loved those long floorboards. Way better than any Harley I've owned.
    But since I'm 5'8", F6B seating position works ok for me.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaMike View Post
    Had a Vic CrossRoads for about a yr and absolutely loved those long floorboards. Way better than any Harley I've owned.
    But since I'm 5'8", F6B seating position works ok for me.
    That is a consideration as I'm 5' 8" too and the F6B fits me perfectly it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    That is a consideration as I'm 5' 8" too and the F6B fits me perfectly it seems.
    Mostly guys who are 6' or more have issues with peg/seat/lack of legroom thing. And I totally understand.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyF6B View Post
    I jumped on my old Vic Cross Country today & road it for a couple hundred kms. What a comfortable bike. It feels like I sit in it, as opposed to sitting on top like the F6B. I need to change this riding position.
    What seat gets us lower & further back? & do I have to spend $800 on a set of Heli Bars or are there other options?

TIA
    You'll never be able to stretch out on the F6B the way you can on your Vic. For bigger/taller guys the Vic can't be beat for comfort. Mustang seat and Helibars are probably the two best additions for allowing more room. Highway pegs, like the Rivco Aero, will help too.