F6B riding position vs Vic Cross Country - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F6B riding position vs Vic Cross Country

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I would love a chance to sit in that seat. You guys home? Can I come over for dinner?
    Closest I will be to you is ROT Rally in Austin in June. I'll have it there for sure if you want to take a little day trip from Spring over to Austin. This is my last year to work logistics and security for ROT. 20th Anniversary and I have attended or worked all 20. Time to retire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mini foot boards with 3/4 drop makes a significant comfort addition to driver backrest, bar risers and ergo highway pegs. Mine fits perfectly now. 6' tall 34" inseam. Oops no victory to compare with. Best my HDSG.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I think the riding position is borne from the sport bike heritage.

Once I realized how the F6 position facilitates better control and maneuverability of the bike by engaging your legs, I've come to appreciate and like it. For example, on rough roads or big bumps you don't have to sit there and hope the recoil doesn't flip your ass over the handlebars... you can simply flex your thigh muscles to elevate yourself slightly off the seat and not be affected by bumps at all.

^^ That's true & I agree 100%. You can put your feet under your ass on the CC as well.
    The F6B is a better handler.

Thx guys, Ill do some research on these suggestions. Was hoping not to spend $800 on bars & another $800 + on a seat.

Now if anybody wants a Ultimate seat send me a pm. IT is a nice seat. Well made, looks nice & comfortable. But I don't like the riding position it puts me in.

I have the Rivco Aero flip outs.
    2013 Black F6B
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2005 R1
    2010 Ducati Multistrada (its a keeper)
    450 KTM (strictly motocross)
    Husqvarna SMR 510

+ a few more.

Past - way too many to mention

I could not ever get comfy with the F6B ergos... too bad i'm too fat for another Hayabusa...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyF6B View Post
    ^^ That's true & I agree 100%. You can put your feet under your ass on the CC as well.
    The F6B is a better handler.

Thx guys, Ill do some research on these suggestions. Was hoping not to spend $800 on bars & another $800 + on a seat.

Now if anybody wants a Ultimate seat send me a pm. IT is a nice seat. Well made, looks nice & comfortable. But I don't like the riding position it puts me in.

I have the Rivco Aero flip outs.
    I hear you on the cost. The Helibars were the biggest comfort maker for me. I had upper back pain between the shoulder blades and around my neck. Really, without the Helibars, I may, regrettably, have had to sell my F6B not long after buying it. It was that bad. I tried to make it work with buying less expensive risers, but I think they made it worse. Most of the issue had much to do with the grip angle I believe as it did with the rise and pull back. All of these things are adjustable on the Helibars.

I got a great deal on a used Corbin Dual Tour seat with rider and passenger backrests from a fellow on this forum. I really like the seat . It was reupholstered in a black Velour by the previous owner. All I can say is , it works great for me.

WHen it comes to stretching out, the Kuryakyn Ergo IIIs are awesome. The arms are spring loaded so the peg actually rests in one position when your feet are not on them and then they swing down when you plant your feet on them. They feel very natural in where your feet end up resting while cruising down the road.

I was looking for a new bike. I still have my Valkyrie, which I still enjoy, but just wanted a new bike. I had a few ideas of what I wanted and the Victory Cross Country was on that short list. I know what you're talking bout in th rider position. That was one of the things that appealed to me as well. Ultimately , a test ride on the F6B sealed the deal. I just knew that one of the things I really enjoy is riding aggressively on twisty roads. Plus after 2 Valkyries, I really love the flat 6 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Closest I will be to you is ROT Rally in Austin in June. I'll have it there for sure if you want to take a little day trip from Spring over to Austin. This is my last year to work logistics and security for ROT. 20th Anniversary and I have attended or worked all 20. Time to retire.
    That will most likely work. That is a good day trip and we might even spend the night. Hope to see you there. Thanks for the heads up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I'm 6' 210 lbs. and sport size 13's so I agree the F6b riding popsition is cramped up for the big mile days. I love it for the shorter back road blasts though! I had a Vic bagger and it is the go to choice for larger people. The Honda is soooo much more refined of a machine than the Vic though! Good thing I still have an old Pan and a hot rod Confederate for kicks, because to my taste anyway, the Honda can be a little boring.

Oh, and I put the Kury footpegs on and they gave better access to the shifter, with out loosing much ground clearance in the corners.