opinions on daytime LED running lights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: opinions on daytime LED running lights

opinions on daytime LED running lights

I'm interested in opinions on the pros and cons between the Socal LED running lights with integrated amber turn signals versus the Show Chrome version which doesn't have the turn signal function. For those with these lights, any thoughts on which may throw the most light or be highest visibility? Do you think the turn signal function on the Socals loses you too much white light when compared to the Show Chromes?

There both very nice...depends what you want...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

SierraKen
    I have the SoCal lights with the integrated turn signals and I get plenty of light. Also like having the integrated turn signals. I run with them on during the day for added visibility and use them at night when off the freeway for added light. They really widen the light on the road. Installation was straight forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
    I have the SoCal lights with the integrated turn signals and I get plenty of light. Also like having the integrated turn signals. I run with them on during the day for added visibility and use them at night when off the freeway for added light. They really widen the light on the road. Installation was straight forward too.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
    Thanks for the input. Much appreciated!

If you what about a week I will post photos of all three of the greatest lights, I just order the show chrome and already have the
    SCAL and the 960 on two of my 1800 now the third one is getting the show chrome.

Australian spec DRL

I just finished wiring my bike up to the SoCal Pathfinders with DRL/Indicator function as well as spots.
    Also, Switchback LEDs' and smoked lenses, plus Kuryakyn fender Amber LED/ Indicators.
    BRIGHT! And any one who runs me over had better have a ood excuse!
    Highly recommended if you want to be noticed.
    I had to wire up a fullloom for the LED spots, as the Aussie spec bikes dont have spots connectors in the cowling loom unlike US spec bikes.
    Best wishes.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    If you what about a week I will post photos of all three of the greatest lights, I just order the show chrome and already have the
    SCAL and the 960 on two of my 1800 now the third one is getting the show chrome.
    Those side-by-side picts should deserve a reference sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Seeing those together would be fantastic. Look forward to that post in a week or so. Thanks Yellow Rex!

For light down the road you will be hard pressed to best the 960's, for light, the ShowChrome, for style then the SoCal's can't be beat !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com