Dumb questions from the new guy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb questions from the new guy

Dumb questions from the new guy

Do we have a state by state section on this forum. If there is I have been unable to find it. The Suzuki forum there was a place to put items just for the state your in.

I am with you on that
    Matt Russell
    First Officer
    SCRC Chapter 189
    Orangeburg SC

We're a small outfit compared to some other forums... but growing everyday it seems. That means there's not a huge budget to get too fancy.

Tony (Phantom) runs the board; he's not an IT guy and so when major issues or changes are needed, he has to hire a guy to come in and help... which costs $. This site already costs out of pocket money for Tony, but he does so out of passion, not profit.

I think at some point enough requests will trickle in that we may want to bring the IT guy in for some upgrades (I've already bitched a couple of times about the search feature )... if and when that time comes, I think we should implement some kind of donation system so that we can all help foot the bill.

I would be happy to pitch in to help out with the costs of maintaining the forum.

From my experience at least that is fairly typical.....I remember doing it on one of the Harley boards and am still a contributing member on a tractor forum.

Not sure what the costs are but if even half of the 2800 members contributes $10 / year through paypal or something, that is $14,000....little enough to maintain a great community effort.

Just my .02......It might be a PITA to set up the non profit status or whatever is required....but I would be happy to help out in any way that I can.

tink

Thanks Phantom - I'd pitch in also.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    I would be happy to pitch in to help out with the costs of maintaining the forum.

From my experience at least that is fairly typical.....I remember doing it on one of the Harley boards and am still a contributing member on a tractor forum.

Not sure what the costs are but if even half of the 2800 members contributes $10 / year through paypal or something, that is $14,000....little enough to maintain a great community effort.

Just my .02......It might be a PITA to set up the non profit status or whatever is required....but I would be happy to help out in any way that I can.

tink
    If you all figure an easy pay - for IT help, let it be known. watso

I'd throw $10 a year at this place....I dang sure know I get more out of it!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Funny I've talked to Tony about this before. He wanted to keep it simple for all you cheap bast&*ds.
    But I'm with the rest of you on this. My last forum edited the avatar when you donated, Donating Member! 10 bucks for a year of advise I think is cheap. It could pay for forum upgrades and Rally stuff!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'd throw $10 a year at this place....I dang sure know I get more out of it!
    Tight-azz

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Funny I've talked to Tony about this before. He wanted to keep it simple for all you cheap bast&*ds.
    But I'm with the rest of you on this. My last forum edited the avatar when you donated, Donating Member! 10 bucks for a year of advise I think is cheap. It could pay for forum upgrades and Rally stuff!
    Heck , I would give $11 just to stay ahead of 53.

I do IT and I've done admin stuff for vbulletin forums before. I'd absolutely be ok with chipping in some $ to help. Or any forum stuff he needs.