Fyi Found trailer to haul both trike and f6b
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fyi Found trailer to haul both trike and f6b

Fyi Found trailer to haul both trike and f6b

Just wanted to share this info. After a long search, we found a trailer that will haul our DFT Goldwing trike and my f6b. It is designed and manfacturered by the-ultimate-trailer.com. They are located in Denver Colorado. The trailer has some really unique features. It has a steel bed, 7' wide by 16' long. The air ride system allows the bed to lower almost to the ground to load the bikes and with the flip of a switch raises back to towing level. Plenty of "tie down" points provided. Tie down kits are available from the company. Trailers come in different sizes to carry different combos. Still working out some loading details. Just back from Outer Banks bike week.Trailer performed well. Keep you posted. Again, just FYI.

Sounds nice; at first I thought you meant it would haul both of those at the SAME time

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Sounds nice; at first I thought you meant it would haul both of those at the SAME time
    It does carry both at the same time! that's the main reason we got it. It seemed to be the only one of that size that would carry both and still be of a reasonable length to still move around easily. the air lowering feature is a real plus when loading the big bikes.

Just bought an enclosed trailer over the weekend. I was only looking for one to haul one bike at a time and occasional cargo duty when we might have the need. We're gong to South Dakota in June and wanted my wife to come and enjoy it with me. I was afraid her enjoyment would have been compromised had I made her ride out there , ride all week and then back.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I must be blind NC; I didn't see a trailer on the website that fit the bill. Got a pic or a link?

I must be blind NC; I didn't see a trailer on the website that fit the bill. Got a pic or a link?
    It's the trailer that was designed to haul the "slingshot" 4xx or xxx. If you're interested, I would suggest contacting them. Jim is the designer of the trailers and very knowledgable about their use. My only intension in putting the post out here was to let people know that there are alternatives to traditional motorcycle trailers. what appealed to us besides size is the air lowering loading feature. I'm getting too old for the adventure of riding up a ramp or tailgate with a bike as heavy as the f6b. They are certainly not for everyone. Just another option in the big wide wonderful world of motorcycles! Hope this helps.

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    EXACTLY!!!!!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Well... this is the trailer for the Slingshot, but I can't see putting a trike and a GL1800 on there at the same time.

The deck is 80" wide and 152" long; will both really fit on this?

Well... this is the trailer for the Slingshot, but I can't see putting a trike and a GL1800 on there at the same time.

The deck is 80" wide and 152" long; will both really fit on this?

Yes, with a little creative manuvering!