Newbies - Don't Do What I Did
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbies - Don't Do What I Did

Newbies - Don't Do What I Did

First time I fueled up the new bike, I popped open the lid, removed the gas cap, and mindlessly set it in the convenient little gap between the right hand handlebar, and the cowl. Finished fueling, closed the lid and drove off. Ooooops, forgot the gas cap. OOOOOPS!! Out of sight, out of mine!
    All was fine until it was time to make a right hand turn. With that gas cap under the handle bar, well, it wasn't pretty. Fortunately, no one in oncoming lane, so got off easy.
    Here's a fine solution to prevent that from ever happening again: A short, thin little cable. One end attaches to the top of the gas cap. The other end to one of the screws on the hinge of the gas filler lid. Inexpensive and easy install.

A great little accessory!

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    First time I fueled up the new bike, I popped open the lid, removed the gas cap, and mindlessly set it in the convenient little gap between the right hand handlebar, and the cowl. Finished fueling, closed the lid and drove off. Ooooops, forgot the gas cap. OOOOOPS!! Out of sight, out of mine!
    All was fine until it was time to make a right hand turn. With that gas cap under the handle bar, well, it wasn't pretty. Fortunately, no one in oncoming lane, so got off easy.
    Here's a fine solution to prevent that from ever happening again: A short, thin little cable. One end attaches to the top of the gas cap. The other end to one of the screws on the hinge of the gas filler lid. Inexpensive and easy install.

A great little accessory!
    OR

...just put the cap in the fuel filler area or on the dash.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Wowsers. Funny how humans can pigeon hole crap but never remember where those holes are.

Anyone seen my remote?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    OR

+1....No issues using the above info...Always put mine in the fuel filler cover....

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    OR

Yep, sure could. But with that little cable, I can't get stupid again. Wife's opinion doesn't count - -

Hey " __it Happends" to the best of us,,,no harm no foul...lesson learned !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Yep, sure could. But with that little cable, I can't get stupid again. Wife's opinion doesn't count - -
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I agree; don't do that

I put mine between the right grip and the brake.

Mine goes on the seat or in the Kury cup holder. Never forget to replace it in either location. One would be devastating to sit on and the other is in full view.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]