Radar Screamer Co. goes into hiding

Thread: Radar Screamer Co. goes into hiding

Radar Screamer Co. goes into hiding

As a word of caution...if anyone is even thinking about buying a Radar Screamer...I would advise against going with this company:

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/contact.htm

As it appears they have gone into hiding, refusing to directly answer any phone calls...refusing to respond to any e-mails, etc.

If I lived out there in jefferson, MA., I would ride over there and visit them.

I sent a package back to them 18 days ago, and the US Post Office tracking shows it was delivered to them 11 days ago.
    This was the Radar Screamer that I had bought...installed on my bike to be able to hear my Valentine One detector, and found it to be faulty. I had several communications with the owner...Larry...and we agreed that I would send it back to him, and receive a full refund. He now has the faulty unit, and refuses to return calls or reply to e-mails. Even if I ptretend to be someone else...there is no getting through to him.

So, while I know that 93.14159 % of you have no ned to buy one of these...one of our obligations on this forum to to inform the rest of the members when something mischievious occurs, so that no one else gerts bitten in the butt.

Jefferson ma.

I live in Massachusetts. I've never heard of Jefferson, Ma.
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks. I can afford the loss of the money, but I want to warn others so that tyey don't lose any money.

I hate ad companies

Here is some info, I am getting on a plane and will see what else I can find later.

Mass incorporation info: http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corp/cor...FEIN=043560206

URL information:
    Registrant:
    Sjl Products
    Larry Sieminski
    346 Quinapoxet Street
    Jefferson, MA 01522
    US
    Phone: +1.5088293339
    Email: sjlproducts@ix.netcom.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
    Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
    Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: motorcycleradar.com
    Created on..............: 2009-11-06
    Expires on..............: 2013-07-19

Administrative Contact:
    Sjl Products
    Larry Sieminski
    346 Quinapoxet Street
    Jefferson, MA 01522
    US
    Phone: +1.5088293339
    Email: sjlproducts@ix.netcom.com

Technical Contact:
    Earthlink, Inc.
    Host Master
    1430 W. Peachtree St. NW
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    US
    Phone: +1.4048150770
    Email: hostmaster@earthlink.net

DNS Servers:
    dns3.earthlink.net
    dns2.earthlink.net

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    As a word of caution...if anyone is even thinking about buying a Radar Screamer...I would advise against going with this company:

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/contact.htm

As it appears they have gone into hiding, refusing to directly answer any phone calls...refusing to respond to any e-mails, etc.

If I lived out there in jefferson, MA., I would ride over there and visit them.

I sent a package back to them 18 days ago, and the US Post Office tracking shows it was delivered to them 11 days ago.
    This was the Radar Screamer that I had bought...installed on my bike to be able to hear my Valentine One detector, and found it to be faulty. I had several communications with the owner...Larry...and we agreed that I would send it back to him, and receive a full refund. He now has the faulty unit, and refuses to return calls or reply to e-mails. Even if I ptretend to be someone else...there is no getting through to him.

So, while I know that 93.14159 % of you have no ned to buy one of these...one of our obligations on this forum to to inform the rest of the members when something mischievious occurs, so that no one else gerts bitten in the butt.
    "Ride Shiny Side Up"

DIY Radar Screamer

FWIW, I found this schematic to make your own Radar Screamer.

The parts listed are from Jaycar Electronics, but should be available elsewhere.

You can also put in a toggle switch between the battery and relay.

The inline diode is a protection feature for your radar detector.

Attachment 13811

Original Thread

Hopefully this is a 1 man show or family company and they are away at a trade show or have an illness etc. I understand completely your frustration and this certainly is no excuse this day of call forwarding, cell phone but let's hope the ship gets rightened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000