I'm Pissed Off
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Pissed Off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Pissed Off

As above. I visited my Honda dealer yesterday to figure out the cost of a set of fog/day time lights would cost, the simple answer was $980.00., before fitting of course. I have a feeling that this is a tad too much.

I'm still looking at day time driving/fog lights for the beast, is anyone able to point me in the direction of a good reliable set that doesn't require me to take out a second mortgage on the house?

From what I've read the OEM lights are not that reliable, I kinda like the rectangular ones but I'm yet to be convinced!!!!!!!!

Cheers and thanks

Chris

Yep it's ok for you guys, we are just coming in to our winter and my Bees in the back yard are not happy.

Keep the rubber side down

Yikes!

That sounds way too high!. However, I do not know the money exchange rate of your country and ours. I have seen those lights listed by our "preferred Venders" at a much better U.S. price than that. Check them out.

$380 USD... much more light... better quality... and you get the satisfaction and fun of mounting them yourself

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/50231

I am cheep ......

I know I will probably get a lot of grief from some folks here, but I cannot see paying the kind of money most places want for LED fog lights. I installed 18w Cree Led Work (Spot) Light for boats from amazon, $29.00 for the pair. They are waterproof and put out a ton of light, mainly in the "center spot" with a bit of extra splash all around. I live in the country and ride into work @ 5am each day. They light up the road at night great (especially the sides of the road) while not blinding other drivers.

Light.jpg

A couple of the 2 wire plug connectors from Cyclemax to connect to the factory harness and a waterproof SPST switch and the job is done for less than $50.

Just my 2 cents worth .....

Please Navy shows us some detailed pics.....no grief here. Ingenuity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

It was no big deal, reinforced the cowling a bit and mounted the lights directly to it. The wiring is all there, just add a waterproof switch and connect it all up.

1213141924a.jpg
    1213141925b.jpg
    1213141924.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, haven't figured out how to take better ones with this phone yet ....

1218 Series Cowl Light Kit

I put on the EC 1218 Series Cowl Light Kit. The lights are incredibly bright and very light weight so they don't stress the cowl at all. I like the bottom mount design so the screws are barely visible. EC puts out some quality products and this has been no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    I know I will probably get a lot of grief from some folks here, but I cannot see paying the kind of money most places want for LED fog lights. I installed 18w Cree Led Work (Spot) Light for boats from amazon, $29.00 for the pair. They are waterproof and put out a ton of light, mainly in the "center spot" with a bit of extra splash all around. I live in the country and ride into work @ 5am each day. They light up the road at night great (especially the sides of the road) while not blinding other drivers.

Attachment 13880

A couple of the 2 wire plug connectors from Cyclemax to connect to the factory harness and a waterproof SPST switch and the job is done for less than $50.

Just my 2 cents worth .....
    Grief...? I wouldn't call it that, but have you never been burned buying the cheap stuff only having to replace it in a short while? I have.

Lights and tires will never save me a dime; I'll go with the known and established quantity even if it costs more

However... since these are not your main driving lights... and since sometimes the quality of the cheap stuff is actually good, I can't fault ya for giving these a shot!

Many thanks for all the great info, i've decided to go with the Socal moto gear Cowl Fog / Driving lights at $455 Au delivered ($350 US inc $80 US freight), damn site cheaper than i can pick them up here.

I decided on these simply because they fit where they are supposed to and come with all the mounting gear. I'll keep you informed as to my decision being the correct one or not.

Cheers and best

Chris

http://www.socalmotogear.com/HONDA-G...E-p/gl18fg.htm

From the brief review of the ad for these lights, several concerns immediately arise. First, they claim 0.4 amps draw per fog light. Even at a running voltage of 14 volts, that equates to only 5.6 watts, NOT the 10 watts they claim. Second, they will be lucky to get 100 lumens per watt so the total lumen output per fog light is more like 560 lumens, NOT the 800 lumens they claim. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all the false and misleading advertising I'm seeing these days .
    Ken (Hornblower)