Uh Oh!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh Oh!!

Uh Oh!!

The right LED RECTANGULAR FOG LIGHT has quit working.......I checked the power to the light VIA the connector and it's there.......I even connected it to the left side light and still not working.......I can only assume that the bulb is out or it's something else is wrong with the light or the other electronic goodies inside the sealed case. Does anyone know if you can replace the bulb in these things or do I have to buy a whole new set...........something I really don't want to do..........

Thanks for any information!

Oh yeah, I haven't contacted Big Bike Parts yet about the problem........even though I purchased them through Value Accessories.

Ride Safe But Often!!!

Buyer Beware - Users keep checking

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    The right LED RECTANGULAR FOG LIGHT has quit working.......I checked the power to the light VIA the connector and it's there.......I even connected it to the left side light and still not working.......I can only assume that the bulb is out or it's something else is wrong with the light or the other electronic goodies inside the sealed case. Does anyone know if you can replace the bulb in these things or do I have to buy a whole new set...........something I really don't want to do..........

Thanks for any information!

Oh yeah, I haven't contacted Big Bike Parts yet about the problem........even though I purchased them through Value Accessories.

Ride Safe But Often!!!
    If heard from a local shop owner and he claims the same, a lot of customers are complaining that the right light is going out! Mine are still good!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Can you open it up to access the electronics?

I'm sure a little troubleshooting can find the problem... but first would be better to contact the vendor (before messing with it).

Soloution!

I emailed Big Bike Parts earlier this morning regarding the right LED light and they just called me. Seems they are very much aware that the circuit board in the Right LED Light is bad and they are in the process of replacing the board with a new one. They are waiting for the new units to come in and they will be sending one to replace the bad circuit board in the light.

The only down side is it's going to be two or three weeks to get the replacement.

Hat's off to Big Bike Parts and their immediate response.........and support!!!!!

Ride Safe But Often!!!!

What's wrong with the circuit board?

Maybe a bad assembly process and bad solder joints...

Does anyone know what the Lumen rating on these Big Bike Part fog lights are ?

Pretty obvious what's going on here.

https://youtu.be/N5Y3dAS-5u8

https://youtu.be/D6iaxewbaXg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I posted this about 3 1/2 weeks ago. The failures are all in the first batch and all on the right side. They thought from testing that it would fail almost immediately, but now it appears that some may fail after a few hours. It was kind of difficult for them to find since it only effected a small amount. There appears to be a component defect on the board on the right side. I do believe they may be able to send out new boards at the end of this week.
    This was my posting below from the other thread.

Show Chrome has had a few failures of the 400 that have been sold so far. They have done a lot of testing and have isolated the problem to the right side led light only. This is only on a very small amount of them. From testing it has shown that if yours are effected they will stop working almost immediately or within an hour or so. They do have a fix in the works that is very easy for anyone that has received these and encounters this problem. Again this is very isolated, about 3 to 4%.
    If you do have questions give Brandon at Big Bike Parts a call at 800-826-2411.
    Below is a portion of the correspondence with them.
    Rick
    Value-Accessories

"Big Bike PartsŪ has been troubleshooting with select dealers and customers that have experienced the right side of their new rectangular LED Fog lights, BBP # 52-906, dimming out after usage on some kits. Our research has identified a bad IC driver chip may be present in some units, which are causing this particular issue. Not all units are affected and we are in the process of identifying which production batches and IC driver chips maybe faulty so we can implement a permanent solution to replace those affected.

We are expecting a solution over the next several days, at which time we will produce the necessary replacement components and expedite delivery. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or our customers, but are acting as quickly as possible to identify and correct this issue."

And there you have it... awesome Rick!

Solid state components rarely, RARELY, go bad or are faulty though. In almost 20 years of electrical design, I can count on one hand the number of real IC problems I've encountered, and still have a few fingers left over. Statistically, the issue is more likely to be PCB or design related. If you have a misbehaving IC, chances are good that something in the PCB or design is making it misbehave.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Does anyone know what the Lumen rating on these Big Bike Part fog lights are ?
    I *think* about 800 lumens per light... ?