MBL Risers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MBL Risers

MBL Risers

Hi all. I've been looking at some risers to put on my 6. I need them to be able to pull my handlebars back at least 1 1/2" to 2". I've looked at several on this forum, but most raise the bars up, not back. I'm trying to avoid spending $700+ for the Heli bars., so just wondering if anyone here has tried and used these MBL risers.
    Thank!

Yes I have...they actually brought the bars back to far for me and I will be taking them off this Thurs.... I would suggest doing whatever to the bars before a seat as that would change things...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Yes I have...they actually brought the bars back to far for me and I will be taking them off this Thurs.... I would suggest doing whatever to the bars before a seat as that would change things...
    Ditto. Mine are coming off at my next service in a couple of weeks. Put them on last Fall and have found that they put me in too much of a "sit up and beg" position. I prefer the stock reach to the grips.

Thanks for the reply guys. Are you guys using the stock seat? I'm 5,11" and have a 32" in seam. I bought the Ultamte Midrider seat and it just put me too close to the bars. I like to sit laid back like I use to on my Suzuki M109R.
    So I'm exchanging and getting the Ultimate King seat now and that's going to push me back about 1 1/2" to 2" in the seat, so i will need the bars to come back towards me about the same amount of inches. What do thou guys think?
    Did those risers pull it back that far? And also, how much higher did it raise the bars?
    Thank you guys so much for the response. This is really helping me with my decision.

I also have the mid rider ... I would wait till you have the seat and go from there...I do believe this will fix your issue...bottom line is you will not know till you do so ! This will bring the bars up, not a crazy amount but up from what feels like to low .. I would buy a set and try them if you don't like them you can sell them on this board and not loose much/any money....JMHO
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

That's what I really want to do, the problem I'm having is that, If I wait to get the king seat, which will take about two weeks, I might lose out on the next Heli batch that's being made as we speak. They only have a few more available for the next batch. I have a lower back problem and ride to work on my 6 everyday. I wanna be really sure these risers will work so I can order them and not worry about losing the chance to order the Heli bars.
    I guess I'm just stuck. You say these risers do put the bars up a bit, which is fine with me and based on what the other guys are saying, they do push the bars back quite a bit. I'm going to pull the trigger I think on these risers and hope they work for me. Are they difficult to instal? I'm not too mechanically inclined, but I have challenged myself on some small easy projects. Or should I just have a professional do it? Thanks again guys for all your feed back. You guys are great! 👍😎

No big deal...about a hour if you have taken the grill off before... I have a set and a plactic piece that goes over the triple tree.... check your PM's

I think I'm in the minority when it comes to seating position. I would rather have a slight forward lean than what some call laid back. It's easier on my spine. I'm only 5'8" and I'm using the stock seat and will be going back to the original bar position. I have tried backrests on my Valkyrie and just have no use for them. I had my MBL Risers installed by my dealer. The actual wrenching I could handle, it's the removal of the plastic pieces that scares me and I've watched videos and the Tech working on my bike. Just can't bring myself to start popping those pieces off.

Just can't bring myself to start popping those pieces off. "

I had a friend test riding my bike, while at a red light I asked how to take the top off....he grabbed the center section and popped it off....he said the look on my face was priceless!!!

After that no big deal !!!

Instal

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of too. I'm so picky with my stuff and just the thought of breaking or scratching one of my plastic pieces freaks me out. Lol
    The lean back position for some reason feels better to me with my back problem. Sitting straight up works too, but leaning back resting on my backrest feels the best.
    I got you PM Steve, thanks!
    Can't wait to get them and put them on.
    Thank you buddy. 👍😎