Was between the Concours and F6B.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was between the Concours and F6B.....

Was between the Concours and F6B.....

Sounds weird I'm sure. History on me, all my previous bikes were sportbikes. Started in 92 with a Kawasaki ZX6D, next was a 95 CBR600F3, 99 ZX9R, another 95 CBR600, 04 GSXR600, and my last bike was a 08 CBR1000RR in 09 that I sold in Dec 09. So my wife recently pointed out a Vulcan type bike with leather saddlebags and how she would ride one of those. I said there's no way I'm riding a bike with leather bags (not at all my style), but that I would find something with hard bags. The first bike I rode was a Ninja 1000 and I loved it! But her seat position and cushion wasn't much better than a sport bike. I went back to the dealer this past Saturday with the full intention of getting a new 14 Concours in cardinal red. When we went the weekend before, she immediately went over to the Goldwings and began her drooling. A co-worker has a black 13 F6B, so I told her that bike was out of the question. And I don't do big cruiser type bikes.... Last week he was telling me over and over that I needed to test ride one.
    So last Saturday I rode the C14 (and was nowhere near as impressed as I was with the Ninja 1000), then the F6B. What a shocker! I love cars that have great bottom end torque, like newer 4 cylinder turbo cars. The F6B has all that and then some. I stood around and walked around talking to my boss at that dealer last Saturday for at least an hour and a half weighing out the differences as I could only go with a new 15 F6B in blue. I don't do bright red or black, but they were blowing those out for $14,999. It was also $6000 more than the C14. So I ordered a F6B in blue. It's supposed to be there late next week and I'm pretty excited about it. Look forward to seeing what it's like to ride and not be in pain as well as having my wife with me. We plan to do some weekend getaways in the NC mountains as well.
    Sorry such a long first post, but I figured someone might enjoy it!

you are going to like it and your wife is going to love it.
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

I can honestly say that my decision was based on making sure my wife would enjoy riding. If not, I would have jumped back on a Ninja 1000 as I loved that bike. First bike I've ridden where I didn't have weight on my wrists, but still felt like it would handle great and had awesome power. Loved it in blue too, very similar to the F6B blue. I actually considered the Goldwing Anniversary bike, but the jump from the Concours prisewise was more than enough.

Welcome , and enjoy the ride; you made a WISE choice

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    I can honestly say that my decision was based on making sure my wife would enjoy riding. If not, I would have jumped back on a Ninja 1000 as I loved that bike. First bike I've ridden where I didn't have weight on my wrists, but still felt like it would handle great and had awesome power. Loved it in blue too, very similar to the F6B blue. I actually considered the Goldwing Anniversary bike, but the jump from the Concours prisewise was more than enough.
    I had a C-14 before my Wing. I loved that bike. Rode it from Ocala to Alaska and back. The only problem was the wife hated it. Said the passenger set up was horrible. I had a seat mod done by Spencer and it was better but not great. She would do short rides but would not go on long ones and since we are both school employees with the summer off it was a problem. Got to make the other half happy so we went with a Wing for a couple of years and now own a 6.

Congrats! Similar story here. I love it and my wife loves it. Can't wait for this summer and get some trips in.

I sat on the back of the C14 and felt like I was sliding forward. There really was no comparison as far as passenger comfort goes. The bottom end /low rpm torque was no contest either. I felt like the C14 was weak, probably made worse by riding the Ninja 1000 too. My favorite sportbikes are the 04-05 GSXR750 and 05-06 Kawasaki ZX6R (636).
    I did briefly consider the FJR, but my guy doesn't sell them.

First congrats on the F6...the Concours is w/o a doubt a rocket ship...I don't like my weight on my wrists and the torque is better on the F6...and besides where can you go 180 MPH....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have done some high speed runs, but I'm not after that with a bike for both of us. I'll see how it goes with the F6B, but I'm pretty sure I will want something sporty with handlebars, as an additional bike. Aprilia Tuono, Ninja 1000, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    I have done some high speed runs, but I'm not after that with a bike for both of us. I'll see how it goes with the F6B, but I'm pretty sure I will want something sporty with handlebars, as an additional bike. Aprilia Tuono, Ninja 1000, etc.
    Good choice with the F6. With your history of sport bikes, you probably will pick up another. One can never have too many bikes in the garage. But I'll bet you'll find yourself on the F6 more than the sport bike! Welcome!