30 Years Ago Today.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 Years Ago Today.....

30 Years Ago Today.....

Steve graduation.jpg

Graduation Day.

US Naval Academy, Class of 1985. Life altering education.

USMC pilot. Life altering career path.

30 years later - still has effects on my thoughts and actions.
    "What would 'Ron' do?"

Here is a link to THE Commander-in-Chief's speech that day.
    Words still ring true.
    However, I'll bet a paycheck no current political candidate would utter these words for fear of MSM reprisal.
    http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archive...985/52285a.htm
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Buddy you were lucky to have a Commander in Chief like Ronald Reagan. May not ever be another that has his intestinal fortitude. He was a mans man , above reproach , he had your back , and most of all he made you proud to be an American. (This is where Lee Greenwood sings God Bless the USA). I commend you for your service 53.

Well, I say it is too costly for America not to be prepared. As Presidents since Washington have noted: The way to prevent war is to be prepared for it.

Your careers will be no less significant to future generations of Americans than those of past naval heroes.

Well, today as throughout our history, it is strength not weakness, resolve not vacillation, that will keep the peace. It's about time that those who place their faith in wishful thinking and good intentions get the word.

Many good men gave their lives in the 1940's for America's unwillingness to prepare in the 1930's.

We are a far more moral and decent land than any totalitarian state, and we should be proud of it.

Sometimes it's hard to find the words to express my heartfelt gratitude for those who serve on active duty and in the Reserves. But it isn't difficult to find the words to explain why they do what they do. It only takes one word -- patriotism. And as Commander in Chief, I am overwhelmed at times by their dedication and courage.

Do not be afraid to admit and consider your doubts, but don't be paralyzed by them.

Snippets from one speech. The man had nothing but patriotism for this great country in his heart. Thanks Steve and thanks for your service.

I am also proud that I served 8 of my 10 years with this man as my Commander in Chief.

Here is the speech live. ENJOY!

http://www.c-span.org/video/?125436-...y-commencement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Fantastic, congrats to you and for your service. My uncle is a West Point grad, and this June 20th, my cousins son is graduating from the US Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY. I'm proud of my military background and my family. Reagan was one of our best, if not the best...the one right now...maybe the worst. Only history will tell.

God bless you every day of your life!

+1

Great speech by the President...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

+2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

+3

My wife said "Those were the days we were proud to serve ...."

35 years ago Tuesday I left for boot camp and started my journey.

One of my sons is a Staff Sargent in the Marines and is very proud of what he does and is...But, he tells me many, many, of his fellow soliders cannot stand the "jerk" in the White House now and don't trust or respect him at all...He has no integrity or honor and only excels at "lying" and promoting his radical, left wing liberal politics.....Sad what is happening to America......