For those of you thinking about upgrading your front speakers, this is my review of the Polk 5 inch 501. The Polk is one of our very limited options at this time and I can sum them up in one word...........HORRIBLE!
I bought these because several members on another Wing forum swore by them, said they sounded much better than stock with just less bass.

For starters they claim a 5 inch size, not even close! Our OEM speakers are 5 inches, these are more like 4 inches.

I spent a couple hours figuring out the best way to get them mounted as clean as possible and ended up making some brackets for them out of sheet metal.

I filled the rear cavity with some Poly fill for better sound.

I got them mounted up.

Fired up the system and the sound was horrendous! I had to turn the bass down 4 levels just to get them to stop distorting. If there was little to no bass coming through them then I imagine they would sound ok for mid to high range sound. As part of a 4 speaker set up with larger more bass providing rear speakers then I could see how they would be ok. I know the full Wing has 4 speakers so they probably sound a lot better. For us F6'ers these don't cut it as the only source for audio, at least imo. I ordered the J&M's so we'll see how they are. They get mixed reviews and I question if they are weather resistant or not but time will tell. If they J&M's don't cut the mustard then I will figure out a way to get a high quality 5inch-5 1/4 inch speaker mounted in there......stay tuned!