Kuryakyn Cubby Holder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuryakyn Cubby Holder

Kuryakyn Cubby Holder

Anyone purchased the Kury cubby holder in chrome??...I kind of like the way it looks from the photos, but not sure if it is worth the money...I really don't need a bottle holder but like the chrome look with the two separate compartments...Fit and finish okay???...Thanks

I decided to go with the black unit because it blends in nicely with my Black/Smoke Chrome bike. For the $73 I like how it looks on the bike versus the cup holders that hang on the handlebars. The finish on the black unit was excellent. No offense to anyone with the traditional holders since I have those on my VTX1800C and Valkyrie Interstate.

Carl
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2007 Blue/White Suzuki M109R LE 05/02/2007
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1999 Black/Red Honda Valkyrie Interstate 05/05/2012 (Sold 7/25/15)
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

I really like the cup holder and cubby's. Down here in the desert it gets HOT so I always ride with a bottle of water. It keeps the bottle insulated so it stays cooler longer.

I bought the chrome one before they had a black one and covered it with vinyl wrap. Works great.

I have it will hold a size 16oz bottle of water, install is super simple, fit is acceptable, it would not be advisable to use any beverage that does not seal as it lean it towards the ride, but it get it off your bars which would be easier for spills if not sealed and does not add weight or pressure to them. The cubby hole covers a kinda of a pain to get on and off, but I just take the lid off.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

I find it useful and acceptable for holding small water bottles. However, I find the fit of the cover as a whole is woefully flawed. It does not fit as as well as the original cover and is undersized foe the opening, allowing to much side to side movement.

Who says you can't drink at 60 miles an hour!!

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4296/Glove-Box-Cubby

I use the Butt Ugly Butler Keg(cup). Looks awful, but keeps ice a long time and the drinks cool if on a long ride.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Looks like some of the "Bubbacup/Bubbakeg' models may fit in the Kury,,,

http://www.bubbabrands.com/products/

Some are like the old Stanley vac bottles,,,

I got it in chrome and I like it....it kinda adds some spark to the look of the bike in my opinion. You can open up the side compartments and leave them open or store a few little things in them and snap the caps back on to keep them secure while riding. The only thing I don't like is the size of the cup holder....I wish it could hold bigger cups but I guess they were designed to hold normal sized water bottles.

I use a bicycle water bottle. I have a standard one and an insulated one.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow