Aero chrome $100 better looking than silver??

Thread: Aero chrome $100 better looking than silver??

Aero chrome $100 better looking than silver??

I'm 90% sure I'd like a set of the Aero pegs. Searching around here they seem to meet my need re: looks and function. I'm not particularly a chromeguy, but I like the look of the lower chrome strip that the pegs replace. Frankly almost 400 for a set of pegs is a little scary, but I have always preferred quality to bargain (both are nice but rarely at the same parties!)

Does the silver "work" as well, or is it likely that I'll wish I had gotten the chrome (I know- sort of unanswerable- but I'd appreciate even personal thoughts.)Anyone prefer the silver?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    I'm 90% sure I'd like a set of the Aero pegs. Searching around here they seem to meet my need re: looks and function. I'm not particularly a chromeguy, but I like the look of the lower chrome strip that the pegs replace. Frankly almost 400 for a set of pegs is a little scary, but I have always preferred quality to bargain (both are nice but rarely at the same parties!)

Does the silver "work" as well, or is it likely that I'll wish I had gotten the chrome (I know- sort of unanswerable- but I'd appreciate even personal thoughts.)Anyone prefer the silver?
    The chrome look really good. I wished I had ordered those myself. They'll be worth that extra hundred everytime you walk off from the bike and take a look back.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    The chrome look really good. I wished I had ordered those myself. They'll be worth that extra hundred everytime you walk off from the bike and take a look back.
    Sounds like someone has that "Cromeboner" thing going that I read about on another thread recently.

shooter
    Rick I have the chrome and they are holding up great. I clean them every time I ride and after a year they still look great. Yeah they are pricey but if that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Sounds like someone has that "Cromeboner" thing going that I read about on another thread recently.
    The chrome set off the engine, with the black ones it just looks like a block of black metal. I'm not "that" into chrome but like a little.

QFC...all the way !!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Not a chrome guy myself, but I got the chrome version and glad I did. Unless you're going for the all black look I think the chrome is worth it.
    If you still have chrome pipes it gives the bike balance. I've already thrown more than a few bucks at my 6 so the 'C-note' didn't hurt that much. Chrome or no chrome, these pegs are the best.

Thanks...That was a big help- chrome it is.
    and of course I'll go with a sponsoring vendor- VA - unless anyone has had problems with them?

Cool

No one has problems with our vendors...we vet them BEFORE they become OUR vendors !!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    No one has problems with our vendors...we vet them BEFORE they become OUR vendors !!!!!!
    Well said!

They also promptly responded to an email inquiry re: price AND the part is ordered!