Aero chrome $100 better looking than silver??

Thread: Aero chrome $100 better looking than silver??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Aero chrome $100 better looking than silver??

I'm 90% sure I'd like a set of the Aero pegs. Searching around here they seem to meet my need re: looks and function. I'm not particularly a chromeguy, but I like the look of the lower chrome strip that the pegs replace. Frankly almost 400 for a set of pegs is a little scary, but I have always preferred quality to bargain (both are nice but rarely at the same parties!)

Does the silver "work" as well, or is it likely that I'll wish I had gotten the chrome (I know- sort of unanswerable- but I'd appreciate even personal thoughts.)Anyone prefer the silver?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    I'm 90% sure I'd like a set of the Aero pegs. Searching around here they seem to meet my need re: looks and function. I'm not particularly a chromeguy, but I like the look of the lower chrome strip that the pegs replace. Frankly almost 400 for a set of pegs is a little scary, but I have always preferred quality to bargain (both are nice but rarely at the same parties!)

Does the silver "work" as well, or is it likely that I'll wish I had gotten the chrome (I know- sort of unanswerable- but I'd appreciate even personal thoughts.)Anyone prefer the silver?
    The chrome look really good. I wished I had ordered those myself. They'll be worth that extra hundred everytime you walk off from the bike and take a look back.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    The chrome look really good. I wished I had ordered those myself. They'll be worth that extra hundred everytime you walk off from the bike and take a look back.
    Sounds like someone has that "Cromeboner" thing going that I read about on another thread recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Sounds like someone has that "Cromeboner" thing going that I read about on another thread recently.
    The chrome set off the engine, with the black ones it just looks like a block of black metal. I'm not "that" into chrome but like a little.

QFC...all the way !!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Not a chrome guy myself, but I got the chrome version and glad I did. Unless you're going for the all black look I think the chrome is worth it.
    If you still have chrome pipes it gives the bike balance. I've already thrown more than a few bucks at my 6 so the 'C-note' didn't hurt that much. Chrome or no chrome, these pegs are the best.

shooter
    Rick I have the chrome and they are holding up great. I clean them every time I ride and after a year they still look great. Yeah they are pricey but if that's what you want.