Real Unhappy
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Real Unhappy

Real Unhappy

I am really unhappy with the rear rim on my F6B. It is like they forgot to finish the other side of the rim. It traps a whole lot of dust and debris and is an absolute pain in the azz to clean. Has anyone found a better rear rim for this bike that had the complete spokes instead of the half done ones.

wow, never clean it!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

They've been like that scene 2001,if you have a center stand turn the wheel and run water thru it not that big of a deal
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

May just be my odd way of thinking, but.......

Who looks at the back rim? Very well hidden and unless you get down on your hands and knees for a peek, there is no way to tell how dirty or clean it is--- JMHO of course.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I am really unhappy with the rear rim on my F6B. It is like they forgot to finish the other side of the rim. It traps a whole lot of dust and debris and is an absolute pain in the azz to clean. Has anyone found a better rear rim for this bike that had the complete spokes instead of the half done ones.

You seem to be un happy a lot with you F6....Just sayin.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

How do you have time to look at the rear wheel while riding down the rode?

All I do is ride / I decided after seeing the scuffs and scratches when I picked my brand new bike up at the dealer to never look that close and just ride the bike. Sure I will wash it and throw a quick coat or two of Liquid Glass on it once a month but I prefer to ride the hell out of it and not worry.

I had a 68 Camaro that needed a paint job. I just stenciled "Road Warrior" on the dented door panel after I saw the movie and then drove the crap out of it. I never worried about how it looked when I was spitting gravel all over the place. I was out riding when others were polishing their cars or bikes. I drove that Camaro for 30 years with "Road Warrior" on the door panel. Everyone knew my car and loved the spirit behind it.

Bikes and cars are for riding around not polishing.
    Steve

No big deal and I am 75 my friend...Put it on the center stand and use your leaf blower a couple of spurts and it works for me..On occasion I will clean out the entire rear wheel areas, but as said on above posts..Who really looks under there to check???....More important things to worry about in my opinion....Ride safe

I clean the rim every time I change the rear tire, oh wait I don't do that often anymore because I run a CT. Guess it will just have to get dirty. It's a spare rim anyway!!

The rear wheel of the 6 is a "dust bucket"! There's no denying that. As others have stated the wheel is rather obscure and not as noticeable as other cycles and if you have a center stand you can access the spoke cavities for cleaning but you'll only have access to the bottom portion of the cavities as the brake rotor pretty much hides the remainder.

000_0454.jpgDSC_0007.jpgDSC_0002.jpg

If you truly want to remedy what you perceive is a problem, you could fill the spoke cavities with "rigid foam sheeting inserts" and secure them in place with some black Silicon around the perimeter. That will take care of the cavities and should have minimum impact on wheel balancing. Use "Ride-On" tire sealer/balancer and you could eliminate any wheel weights. Just a thought

Ever seen the black front wheels on a BEEMER? It's going to be alright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver