Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
Seadog....I here ya my friend and can relate to your paranoia..Until I got into my middle 70's I was a clean "freak" on every bike I have ever owned...All of the bikes I have traded in over the years, never had to be detailed in any way before the dealer put it on the floor to sell...The Victory Vision I had for over 3 years, and traded on my F6B, did not have a mark, blemish, or dirt anywhere and like your dealer, my dealer said he had never seen a bike in showroom condition like mine in all the years he had been in business....I do agree the rear wheel is a dust collector, but the few times I have cleaned it, I spray a solution of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water from a bottle, let it soak for a few minutes and wipe it out with a sponge...Works fine until it gets dirty again, real fast, so I am no longer going to worry about it and clean the thing when I want to lie down and do it...Otherwise my bike is spotless including underneath the pipes, motor , etc...I guess I am still a little "anal"???...Oh well, it keeps me out of trouble and occupied....Ride safe
You get to our ages we aren't roaming the bars looking for women, Our old lady's want nothing to do with us. Drinking by yourself sucks, waking up on the floor got old long ago. Hey it just lawn care and vehicle maintenance. Its just I like clean and it definitely takes up your time and if extra effort is required I am always up to the task at hand.