Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
That is the problem, I Do, my M109R Suzuki Boulevard I traded in on this, they said was the cleanest and nicest 8 year old bike they had ever taken in. There is a reason for that, I look at every thing and clean it to the nth degree when I find dirt and I am still not happy with the rear rim/.JMHO
Seadog....I here ya my friend and can relate to your paranoia..Until I got into my middle 70's I was a clean "freak" on every bike I have ever owned...All of the bikes I have traded in over the years, never had to be detailed in any way before the dealer put it on the floor to sell...The Victory Vision I had for over 3 years, and traded on my F6B, did not have a mark, blemish, or dirt anywhere and like your dealer, my dealer said he had never seen a bike in showroom condition like mine in all the years he had been in business....I do agree the rear wheel is a dust collector, but the few times I have cleaned it, I spray a solution of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water from a bottle, let it soak for a few minutes and wipe it out with a sponge...Works fine until it gets dirty again, real fast, so I am no longer going to worry about it and clean the thing when I want to lie down and do it...Otherwise my bike is spotless including underneath the pipes, motor , etc...I guess I am still a little "anal"???...Oh well, it keeps me out of trouble and occupied....Ride safe