Real Unhappy - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Real Unhappy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What else is there

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Seadog....I here ya my friend and can relate to your paranoia..Until I got into my middle 70's I was a clean "freak" on every bike I have ever owned...All of the bikes I have traded in over the years, never had to be detailed in any way before the dealer put it on the floor to sell...The Victory Vision I had for over 3 years, and traded on my F6B, did not have a mark, blemish, or dirt anywhere and like your dealer, my dealer said he had never seen a bike in showroom condition like mine in all the years he had been in business....I do agree the rear wheel is a dust collector, but the few times I have cleaned it, I spray a solution of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water from a bottle, let it soak for a few minutes and wipe it out with a sponge...Works fine until it gets dirty again, real fast, so I am no longer going to worry about it and clean the thing when I want to lie down and do it...Otherwise my bike is spotless including underneath the pipes, motor , etc...I guess I am still a little "anal"???...Oh well, it keeps me out of trouble and occupied....Ride safe
    You get to our ages we aren't roaming the bars looking for women, Our old lady's want nothing to do with us. Drinking by yourself sucks, waking up on the floor got old long ago. Hey it just lawn care and vehicle maintenance. Its just I like clean and it definitely takes up your time and if extra effort is required I am always up to the task at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    You get to our ages we aren't roaming the bars looking for women,
    Yup, just looking AT them without getting slapped is a fun game....

Our old lady's want nothing to do with us.
    Mine still seems to like my bank account.....

Drinking by yourself sucks,
    Sometimes in the hot tub, me and Johnnie Walker can solve a lot of problems without any estrogen intervention.

waking up on the floor got old long ago.
    Never got the "x" in the block...always managed to make it to a bed. The ensuing laundry was less than pleasant....

Hey it just lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
    Oh carp, I hate lawn maintenance!

Its just I like clean and it definitely takes up your time and if extra effort is required I am always up to the task at hand.
    "if you've got the time....we've got the beer....Miller beer...."

Seriously? Good on you. I truly wish I was that meticulous all the time.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I am really unhappy with the rear rim on my F6B. It is like they forgot to finish the other side of the rim. It traps a whole lot of dust and debris and is an absolute pain in the azz to clean. Has anyone found a better rear rim for this bike that had the complete spokes instead of the half done ones.
    The rear wheel of the 6 is a "dust bucket"! There's no denying that. As others have stated the wheel is rather obscure and not as noticeable as other cycles and if you have a center stand you can access the spoke cavities for cleaning but you'll only have access to the bottom portion of the cavities as the brake rotor pretty much hides the remainder.

000_0454.jpgDSC_0007.jpgDSC_0002.jpg

If you truly want to remedy what you perceive is a problem, you could fill the spoke cavities with "rigid foam sheeting inserts" and secure them in place with some black Silicon around the perimeter. That will take care of the cavities and should have minimum impact on wheel balancing. Use "Ride-On" tire sealer/balancer and you could eliminate any wheel weights. Just a thought

Ever seen the black front wheels on a BEEMER? It's going to be alright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver