If you did away with the saddlebag locks how would you like it to work - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you did away with the saddlebag locks how would you like it to work

What about making key knobs? Like I have done on the wing. Buy spare blanks and have the keys made. Then buy the radio knobs, cut the key and jb weld the cut key into the knob. You would just leave the key in to get stuff in or out of the bags. You wouldn't even have to remove them unless you would be away from the bike for some time. On the wing I made key knobs for the fuel door and the right fairing lock pocket. I don't even remove them. Looks like just some more farkles unless you know about wings.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    What about making key knobs? Like I have done on the wing. Buy spare blanks and have the keys made. Then buy the radio knobs, cut the key and jb weld the cut key into the knob. You would just leave the key in to get stuff in or out of the bags. You wouldn't even have to remove them unless you would be away from the bike for some time. On the wing I made key knobs for the fuel door and the right fairing lock pocket. I don't even remove them. Looks like just some more farkles unless you know about wings.
    That is what I did. However, I would rather have the ability, on the bag lock, to simply remove the key when I want the bags unlocked. Stupid Honda engineering in my humble opinion.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 would be my choice

I would go with #2 also.......

To me, #2 would be just as much a pain in the a$$ as what we have now. I like to be able to walk out in the garage and open my bags without any key involved. I just want to be able to lock or unlock the bags and remove the key in either position. JMHO. My little radio knob is the best solution for me if I cannot remove the key in the unlocked position.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talking

Anything to keep me from walking away from the bike with the key still in the bag lock! I did it twice today, I'm such a dumbass........lol

Disable one side

One option that has worked well for me is to disable the lock on one side. This allows one side for quick access with no key but still have the second side if you want to lock something up.

What would be the difference between walking with the key (made with knob) in the lock or leaving the bag open all the time? I leave my key in the lock, it will not start the bike, and if I am at the motel, I lock the lock and take it out. This is the same as leaving it unlocked and locking at the motel for the night.

Option #2 will be nice.

perhaps you could start a poll to see what everyone else would prefer.

#1 option (remote control) would be sweet, if it could be done with minimal cost.