Need your opinion on CB Controls
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need your opinion on CB Controls

Need your opinion on CB Controls

As you may know we have been working on the integrated CB for the F6B and I am almost done but I was looking at adding the controls and if we go with OEM its going to be around $300 extra just for the buttons on the handlebars.

So I got thinking and it seems to me that pretty much once you set the channel and squelch etc you pretty much leave them alone (I am sure some will disagree) so they don't need to be on the bars so why spend the cash

I came up with this idea, on the finished item the buttons will be different colors for different functions you will note 7 buttons the extra will be for the power, PTT we are using the tried and trusted under the controls method

We will offer a version where you can use OEM controls but you will need to modify them yourself (We will give you the info its just cutting wires and adding a connector) we may offer this service

Anyway what do you think

Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

The stock look

I have the AudioVox cruise control and I'm working on a bracket for a TomTom that would also go on another bike. I am really undecided on the CB option and the radar detector option. Both of these are already on my 08 GL18. The stock look would convince me ToDoIt and an add-on or home-made look would convince me NotToDoIt. IMHO much of the allure of this bike is it's Very Cool look and I want to resist the temptation to over accessorize or add things I really do not need.

Quote Originally Posted by troypennock View Post
    I have the AudioVox cruise control and I'm working on a bracket for a TomTom that would also go on another bike. I am really undecided on the CB option and the radar detector option. Both of these are already on my 08 GL18. The stock look would convince me ToDoIt and an add-on or home-made look would convince me NotToDoIt. IMHO much of the allure of this bike is it's Very Cool look and I want to resist the temptation to over accessorize or add things I really do not need.
    The question is not if people want the integrated CB just like the full Wing there is no question about it my phone rings everyday telling me so, what I am asking is that if they do not want to spring the extra $300 for the stock controls would they be OK with this solution, I have the full stock controls on mine but then again I already had the parts in the shop not everyone has that luxury.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

cb?

Why not use the intercom to run the c b? We hams have been using the intercom to add Ham Radio function on the granny chair wings. Google it. de W4EH. Aka Deer Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Why not use the intercom to run the c b? We hams have been using the intercom to add Ham Radio function on the granny chair wings. Google it. de W4EH. Aka Deer Slayer.
    The bike does not enjoy 27Mhz via the intercom on the best of days and since Honda moved the radio the RF issues have spiraled even with the OEM unit

Is not a case of getting a CB on the bike just most guys want an OEM style CB that will work on the F6B all we need to do is just need to replace the controls and some cables.

Please tell me if I am wrong I can spend time on other projects I have had the full factory CB on my bike from day one.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

radio via intercom

I will go for the Ham setup. That is when I get around to it. Having too much fun riding. Off to willville m/c campground dragging my Bunkhouse with my F6B. Life is good.
    Bill...

I'm open to your idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    As you may know we have been working on the integrated CB for the F6B and I am almost done but I was looking at adding the controls and if we go with OEM its going to be around $300 extra just for the buttons on the handlebars.

So I got thinking and it seems to me that pretty much once you set the channel and squelch etc you pretty much leave them alone (I am sure some will disagree) so they don't need to be on the bars so why spend the cash

I came up with this idea, on the finished item the buttons will be different colors for different functions you will note 7 buttons the extra will be for the power, PTT we are using the tried and trusted under the controls method

We will offer a version where you can use OEM controls but you will need to modify them yourself (We will give you the info its just cutting wires and adding a connector) we may offer this service

Anyway what do you think

I mostly ride with Goldwingers and we usually use only one channel (maybe the trucker channel on occasion) and very seldom use any thing else unless that channel has alot of traffic. I'm definitely open to your idea......

Keep us updated......and Thanks for the R & D

I'd be more than happy with the 'non-OEM' buttons for controls.

Pete, add me to the list of people who would be interested in non Oem controls. Like many peopleI ride with a couple of groups. usually use 1 or 2 channels. can always change off if necessary. I have a used Gl1800 cb. What would the new controls cost? Would they be plug & play? also, is there a CB antenna that would match the original f6b radio antenna? Thanks, ncf6b

The first batch we did I was not really happy with so at present we are just doing the OEM style but I will play some more see what I can come up with
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake